Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy Bars - Why are they awful now?

• 17-03-2007 10:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I discovered this nook of boards and saw a mention of galaxy bars and how great they are, oh yes I thought, how did I forget this?

So, I went and bought 2 large bars (no half measures), they don't taste anything like they used too!

They taste AND smell odd. (I can't really describe it beyond this, its just odd and unappitizing, a bit chemically almost, no the bar/s aren't off, new *crap* recipe?)

I have checked the wrapper, it is not an unusual variation, I also notice its made with skimmed milk :eek:

Has anyone else noticed that Galaxy Bars are now sh1t??

:confused:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Galaxt150GMWrapper.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Well, if they're using skimmed milk now this might have changed, but previously one normal sized Galaxy bar contained one-third of your daily allowance of fat. Maybe they've tried to cut down on that.

I have noticed that I don't like them as much recently, but I thought it was just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

Galaxy has always been sh1te in my opinion. Cadburys all the way if youre not lookin to spend too much. Otherwise id go for Green and Blacks or a bar from the chocolate boutique across the road from me, mmmmmm:D
    Marabou is also very nice chocolate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

aw no!! i havent had a Galaxy in ages, but, crap!! they were so nice. i think i must try and see for myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I always thought the Galaxy chocolate worked really well in Easter eggs.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Galaxy is produced by Mars, so the chocolate that you get in Galaxy Easter eggs is the same as you get in Mars Bar Easter eggs and so on. It's the best, imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

god, they taste like total crap, they don't even have an address to send them too if your not happy :D

I would send them back, they are awful sh1te, shame I bought 2! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Oh god I love Galaxy, so creamy and melty. Gimme! Mars chocolate all the way, Cadbury's... pppff! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Lil Kitten wrote:
    Cadbury's... pppff! :p
    :eek: wash your mouth out!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

I haven't had Galaxy in years, but from memory Galaxy tasted sweet and milky, not my cup of tea. I like the chocolate in Lidl now, and Tesco Value Plain Chocolate 100g bar- under 50c and over 50% cocoa, mmmm.....

Advertisement