Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid DirectX 10 Hardware Question

Options
  • 17-03-2007 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

If I want to get the benefits of DirectX 10 obviously I need to buy an 8800GTS/GTX card. My question is, do I also need to buy a new mobo for this? I remember reading about mobo's with a particular nForce chipset and the cards.

I currently have a Skt 939 X23800, Abit AN8 32X, Sapphire X1800XTX 512MB and 2GB of Corsair XMS DDR400. I can more or less get a new 8800GTS, would I see the benefits of the card with this system or do I need to change mobo, cpu and ram also?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

no 1 should be fine once its a 16x pcie lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

eo980 wrote:
    Hey Guys,

If I want to get the benefits of DirectX 10 obviously I need to buy an 8800GTS/GTX card. My question is, do I also need to buy a new mobo for this? I remember reading about mobo's with a particular nForce chipset and the cards.

I currently have a Skt 939 X23800, Abit AN8 32X, Sapphire X1800XTX 512MB and 2GB of Corsair XMS DDR400. I can more or less get a new 8800GTS, would I see the benefits of the card with this system or do I need to change mobo, cpu and ram also?

As long as you support PCI Express you can use it....:D

If you have an X2 3800+ you should get dacent performance out of it.

Advertisement