Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Wall Problem

Options
  • 17-03-2007 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭

Hi folks though I might ask for some advice.

I live in an old house (circa. 1950s) which has a long crumbling garden party wall with a neighbour.

Another neighbour butts up against the back of the party wall and has a garage built with the back of the garage tied into garden party wall.

Problem is if i want to replace the wall I can only do so to a point where it joins this garage.

I thought no one could build any building tied to a garden wall like this. Neighbour concerened is an nasty piece of work so no point suggesting I have a chat with him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

I presume u get on with the first neighbour whose consent u will need to rebuild the wall on the party line/ else just step in to your garden and build a new wall on your own foundations.

u bought the house with the garden shed in place I presume?
    any pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭target

I don't particularly want to give this guy any satisfaction in having to build a new wall on my own land, thing is if the party wall ever gives way with his garage attached to it do I end up in some legal hole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Cantab.

target wrote:
    Hi folks though I might ask for some advice.

I live in an old house (circa. 1950s) which has a long crumbling garden party wall with a neighbour.

Another neighbour butts up against the back of the party wall and has a garage built with the back of the garage tied into garden party wall.

Problem is if i want to replace the wall I can only do so to a point where it joins this garage.

I thought no one could build any building tied to a garden wall like this. Neighbour concerened is an nasty piece of work so no point suggesting I have a chat with him.

I'd advise taking down that photograph...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

If you do want to replace the wall you should probably contact a solicitor

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭target

Thanks for the advice guys, think I'll spend a few quid and see what the solictor says.

• Advertisement
Advertisement