Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

hi

Options
  • 17-03-2007 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

hi board
    ive been having trouble with my hrv and wondering if anyone can help ...... i changed the distributor coil
    and got the car started .... but when i turned it off it wouldnt start again. the immoblisor light is flashing.
    is there any way to over ride this or will i have to get it to a garage ?????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

would you not put a proper name on this thread "hi" is just silly!!!!!

MODS!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

what year is it and what engine is in it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

Be nice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Grow up, jaysis :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

dumbyearbook is right
    it is a stupid title
    why not say it ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

green123 wrote:
    dumbyearbook is right
    it is a stupid title
    why not say it ?

Hey - you heard everyone - BE NICE :) - you langer!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

rediguana wrote:

Good job, there. Does, 'BE NICE' not apply to yourself?

And mentioning what the thread is about is what the thread title is for. Might get more replies, too. (From people who are in the know, obviously)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Everyone be nice!
    I don't see a reason for changing the title of the thread - its not offensive or breaking the rules and (not speaking for the other mods) I haven't received a request to change it.
    End of discussion on that matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

You will probably need to get it to a garage. Immobilisers are generally things us mortals can't change ourselves. HTH!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

land9 wrote:
    what year is it and what engine size is it? (c.c.)

bump!

lemme know above items and I might be able to point you in the right direction!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dumbyearbook

rediguana wrote:

Cheers, I was bein nice c'mon, i have to say though a non-specific thread title is daft i cant see how they can be defended?

there about as useful as country sign posts.......

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Cheers, I was bein nice c'mon, i have to say though a non-specific thread title is daft i cant see how they can be defended?

there about as useful as country sign posts.......
    Why dont you all cop on. Harping on about the title won't answer a perfectly legit question.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭the hunter

thanks kristopherus
    they all moaned about the title but not one of them could answer the question ... idiots ..... do yis not have better things to moan about saps

for the more helpful of the board its a 99 1.6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

That shouldn't actually happen, there must be something wrong somwhere else. Even if you disconect the battery, the car should start again without any problems. Check fuses, might be the problem.

louie wrote:
    That shouldn't actually happen, there must be something wrong somwhere else. Even if you disconect the battery, the car should start again without any problems. Check fuses, might be the problem.

hi louie
    checked all that . the car started i drove it for a while but when i turned it off it wouldnt start ... the key light on the dash is flashing ??

Yeas i red that. Do you have another key (the spare one) to try it.
    Might the one you are using now be faulty. The ignition reads the chip inside the key and if it can not read it then it won't start.
    Have a look at the fuses in the kick panel and under the bonnet.

i just contacted a honda dealer and ask the mechanic about a reset button and believe it or not there is a reset button . behind the glove compartment ??? so ill give that a try later.but if that doesnt work it will have the go to the garage ..

you learn something new every day. I never new there was a reset button.

louie wrote:
    you learn something new every day. I never new there was a reset button.

yeah its something the fuc*ers in the garage wont tell you straight out ......

It happened to a friend of mine on an Opel Vectra. For some reson the key had to be re-programmed the least once a month (bad connection somewhere) and Opel was charging 75 euro for the job and keeping the car for a full day (he's a taxi driver so the loss adds to the price).

The good part is that the job takes 5 min and can be done by anybody by getting into the car, closse the doors, put key in the ignition and turn it on, then press th lock button twice, and voila - done.

I said 5 min, but can actually take 30sec. You can not trust anybody this days.

• Advertisement

i tried the reset button last night .... no luck
    ill have to get it to the garage ........FUC*......

got the car sorted .. the immobilisor unit was knackered ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

the hunter wrote:
    thanks kristopherus
    they all moaned about the title but not one of them could answer the question ... idiots ..... do yis not have better things to moan about saps

for the more helpful of the board its a 99 1.6

post reported for personal abuse

is this sort of abuse tolerated here ? mods ?

i am not an idiot or a sap

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

shut up all of you and stop whinging about titles and abuse.
    god, sometimes its like running a creche around here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement