Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Focus Leting In Water

Options
  • 17-03-2007 2:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi everyone
    just a quick question,bought a 02ford focus in imaculate condition,got it power washed at local garage,noticed the floor was wet on back left hand side,didnt leak from door it seems to have come from underneath,it was like apuddle of water under car carpet,i soaked up some of it towels and it still is wet,i had to sirange the water out ,would it have damaged the car,and is this common problem with the focus. ther was no sing of Water Damage ther when i bought the car and I think it was from the power wash.

is this something to worry about.

THANKS GUYS.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Pollen filter.

It is a bit difficult to seal in the focus.

Very small problem and a simple fix. If you have a warranty tell them, if not ask a Ford dealer for the modified scuttle panel. Should be quite cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

The pollen filter can be a source of a leak if the cover is not sealed properly - this is located on the passenger side of the windscreen (on the outside). If enough water gets in, it'll travel back to the rear passenger footwell. Have a look at the black panel just under the passenger wiper-blade - if you can lift this up easily, this is most likely your culprit.
    If not, have a look at the door seal around the left hand rear door for any signs of damage.
    There's no electrical components under the carpet here so you shouldn't have any other damage, although leaking water from the pollen filter can get at electrical connectors in the passenger footwell.
    The best option, if you want total peace of mind, is to bring it to a ford dealership and let them take care of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭james92

Hi everyone
    about my, 02ford focus was just out looking at it and it seens to be drying out after 2 hours useing sirange to get the water out today and its raning all day and no more water seens to be geting in to it i just think the guy was going to hard with the power wash. do you think this is the end of my trouble
    a friend of mine told me today told me that power washer a bad for your car is this true

THANKS GUYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

maidhc wrote:
    Pollen filter.

It is a bit difficult to seal in the focus.

Very small problem and a simple fix. If you have a warranty tell them, if not ask a Ford dealer for the modified scuttle panel. Should be quite cheap.

Agreed. I had the same problem before myself on my Focus , got a replacement windscreen and the guys who installed the new windscreen broke the pollen filter and water was pouring in.
    I never copped the problem until my son jumped into the back one day and said " hey dad , there is a big puddle in the back of the car" , as you can imagine, the blood drained out of me .The water comes from the front passenger side i was told but ends up moving to the back floorwell
    Cost me about 70 euro to fix up which wasnt too bad (got my insurance company to cough up the repair bill)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭james92

Thanks every for geting back to me. i just bought this car privatly and was worried that it was togood to be true.ford focus 1.4 petrol CL 2002 nct till 03/03/08
    58000 miles on it. . its in very good nic. 7000 euro
    I Paid.

Thanks again every one

• Advertisement
Advertisement