Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Netopia Router Not Connecting to Net

Options
  • 17-03-2007 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

My buddy's wireless router doesnt seem to be connecting to the net for him. Its a Netopia router, the power and wireless light are on but the DSL is just flickering ( 2 flickers then a pause for a few seconds and two flickers again).

His laptop is seeing the wireless networks around him though and he is connected, however as I said, he cant connect to the net.

Also, I've tried Obtaining the IP Address Automatically and then rebooting but still no joy!

Any ideas?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

sound like a bb problem so moving there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

He won't be able to connect to the net unless the DSL light stays on solid (not flashing). If it remains flashing he doesn't have sync with the exchange.
    Tell him to disconnect everything from the phoneline and plug the modem directly into the phone socket without a filter and see if the DSL light stays on solid.
    It could also be a faulty modem so if you have BB then bring your modem to his house to see if the DSL light stays on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Can you connect the router to the first telephone point in the house (IE Where it enters the house).

If the DSL light stays on, then you have a wiring problem, if not then it is an Eircom Problem.

Assume you have checked that the line you are connected to does not have a DSL filter attached.

Advertisement