Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got ripped off by the offie >:(

Options
  • 17-03-2007 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

ok, just back from the offie there and realised i got ripped the **** off.
    Went in and bought:
    6 miller - €8(offer was on)
    2 desperados - €3.50
    6 bulmers(cans) €???
    key ring bottle opener - €1

Anyway my bill came to a whopping 29 euro, that surely cant be ****ing right itd mean i spent €16.50 on bulmers which i highly doubt.Im fairly peeved now to say the least and i just posted it up here to vent my fury. ARGH feel my fury!!!!!!Anyone else get ripped off on this paddys day?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

In the offy that I work in a can of bulmers is e2.25.... So 6 would be e13.50

Not that that helps you at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

toiletduck wrote:
    In the offy that I work in a can of bulmers is e2.25.... So 6 would be e13.50

Not that that helps you at all

That means they charged the OP 50 cent more per can of bulmers.
    Was it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

It is a disgrace if they just bumped up prices for today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

Patricide wrote:
    Anyway my bill came to a whopping 29 euro, that surely cant be ****ing right

What did the person in the shop say when you queried it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Maybe they never gave you the discount on the miller...if the above quoted price for bulmers is right and the MGD cost you an extra 50c a bottle then that accounts for the discrepancy.

But as mentioned not much point knowing that now....next time tot up a rough figure of what you're buying and if the change seems wrong, don't be afraid to challenge it...if you're embarassed about querying it then ask for a receipt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

well i was kinda half cut when i went in so i didnt notice till i went home that, wait a miniute this ****er ripped me off. Shoulda bought my booze in tescos, woulda saved me a hell of a lot with that buy 12 get 12 free deal. O well.

O and the 50 cent extra per can of bulmers....Deffinatly not worth it. Had to end up going down to an offie again later to get some spirits. O well a good night was had i guess.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Patricide wrote:
    well i was kinda half cut when i went in so i didnt notice till i went home that, wait a miniute this ****er ripped me off. Shoulda bought my booze in tescos, woulda saved me a hell of a lot with that buy 12 get 12 free deal. O well.

O and the 50 cent extra per can of bulmers....Deffinatly not worth it. Had to end up going down to an offie again later to get some spirits. O well a good night was had i guess.

Not the same Off-licence I hope ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

well it was haha, after all its a 5 min walk down the road and they have the best selection of booze in town. Plus there cheap and i must say that thats the only time i have been snagged there, usually there ultra sound and give you free shots or whatever.

Pity yerman wasnt there though so i had noone to complain to.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

You know when you think you've been fleeced ?

And you know the way you curse and shout and swear blindly on all that you hold sacred that you won't ever ever ever darken the doorway of that den of thieves ?

You do know that you have to wait at least a day before you go back ? Going back the same evening isn't really on....

Advertisement