Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus motheboard - No IDE CD-ROM emulation ?

Options
  • 17-03-2007 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭

WOW bad day!
    This is a new ASUS AB9-WIFI MB.

My CD-ROM is detected by the SATA thing controller but not seen from the boot menu, so I can not boot from CD.
    Windows was already installed on this PC and is able to see my IDE CD-ROM, but I want to do a clean install, but I cannot.

Anybody has had the same kind of issue with ASUS MB, as it seems this is the way they manufacture them, as far as I have seen on Google.

Anyway if you have got the solution to get my CD-ROM back, I will be really keen to listen to it. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Your Bios is not configured correctly , its all in your manual , go into the bios , go to integrated peripherals , the go to on chip IDE device and configure/toggle the settings here until you can go back to the boot sequence and see the CD rom device. Then set the CD rom to boot first and thats it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback.
    I did the suggested statement, however the chip IDE device only had enable or disable as an option (Latest Bios). I tried both, none of them gave me my IDE DVD drive back.
    I went back from the boot order menu and noticed a strange name, DRW-160 or something like this. I gave it a try and set it up as the first bootable device.
    That was it, my DVD drive was back and I have been able to install Windows again.

Thank you again.

Advertisement