Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harbour to Harbour walk for Aware

Options
  • 17-03-2007 8:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭

I did the Aware Harbour to Harbour walk (Howth to Dun Laoighaire) today and thoroughly enjoyed it, even the wind coming through Clontarf. Just wondering if anyone else here did it and how they found it? The food provided at the end in the Kingston Hotel was great. Will certainly do it again next year!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

Sounds good. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

Congrats dude, that's excellent. How long did it take you? I didn't know it was on, but I'd love to do that walk (maybe when it gets a bit warmer!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭DennisSabre

3 hours 49 minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

3 hours 49 minutes
    Really? Id have thought it would take longer. I remember last time I walked home from town (O'Connell St. to Howth) it took just over 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Fair play.
    I would have liked to do that, but didn't even know it was on :o

Maybe next year..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭DennisSabre

Did it again this year. It took 3 hours 55 minutes. Another year older and the legs are getting slower. Anyone else do it this year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I didn't but a friend of mine did it.

I'm thinking of trying it next year. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭ozchick

How far is it?

I did the Oxfam Trailwalker in Oz. You have to do 100km in under 48 hours! It was a truly amazing experience. We walked about 300k all up in training for it and our team raised $1400 for Oxfam!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

I did it last year in 3hours 28mins but I was doing piles of walking at the time. Lovely walk and they gave us a free cert and soup afterwards. Unfortunelty I couldn't walk properly for three weeks after due to blisters and a stretched ligament.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭guapos

Do many people run this? im thinking of giving it a go

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭sagat2

Howth to Dun Laoighaire? Bah Howth to Greystones now that would be a walk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

When is it on this year?

Advertisement