Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Street Entertainment

• 17-03-2007 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭

Anyone down at the So-Called `Festival` in high street today?? (17th):mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

It was pure ****e. Not worth closing off high street for the day for it.

Blaring the RTE Rugby commentary from speakers at the Town Hall (sorry, City Hall) does not constitue entertainment in my book.

All I saw was tourists with cameras wandering the streets "wondering" when it was all going to kick off when it didnt at all.

Bring back the Parade next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

I avoided it like the plague.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I only went into town at 2am this morning, for a quick spin around to see the train wreck that is pissed Paddys Day revellers, and it was pretty funny. Not a cop in sight, though.

Nightwish wrote:
    I only went into town at 2am this morning, for a quick spin around to see the train wreck that is pissed Paddys Day revellers, and it was pretty funny. Not a cop in sight, though.

Is it really that surprising? I have been here in Kikenny for nearly 2 years and I have hardly ever seen a Guard the whole time.

The block I am living on is a one way street and people constantly drive the wrong way and nothing is ever done about it.

Usually on a Sat night theres a few wandering around the parade, and last year the town was crawling with cops, but then again last year there was an awful lot of fighting around town.

On topic - my 14 year old brother thought that the street festival was "deadly", so maybe thats who the council were trying to appeal to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

JohnMc1 wrote:
    I have been here in Kikenny for nearly 2 years and I have hardly ever seen a Guard the whole time.QUOTE]

They were all in the barracks deciding who's goin for the pizza:p

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

It was piss poor to be honest, they should be ashamed of themselfs :(

djpaul wrote:
    JohnMc1 wrote:
    I have been here in Kikenny for nearly 2 years and I have hardly ever seen a Guard the whole time.QUOTE]

They were all in the barracks deciding who's goin for the pizza:p

I wouldn't be surprised. :rolleyes:
    It was piss poor to be honest, they should be ashamed of themselfs

In all fairness last years parade wasn't that great either. And I was in it. KCC i guess couldn't be bothered putting on something worthwhile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭road_high

I'd say KK Borough coucil simply hadn't the funds to hold something decent. If we had a proper city council then perhaps we could something worhtwhile like they have in Galway. Unfortuantely the govt couldn't be bothered with Kilkenny for the most part so we end with crap like this..
    Such a pity as KK wants to be seen as a centre of the Arts and Culture. If only we could have the funding to make that possible..

The Irish Independent did a short round up of the Paddy's Day festivities around the country and here's what they had to see about Kilkenny (City Council take note)
    Meanwhile, in Kilkenny city, the locals decided to do things differently. They have turned their backs on the traditional parade and introduced a new street festival instead. However, plans by Failte Ireland to revamp the "jaded" parade format bombed, after only a few of those who had been booked to entertain actually turned up. Locals were left with ex "You're A Star" contestants, Scuba Dice, to provide entertainment

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭djpaul

Nightwish wrote:
    The Irish Independent did a short round up of the Paddy's Day festivities around the country and here's what they had to see about Kilkenny (City Council take note)

Scubadice did'nt even perform!! What a waste:confused:

Yeah because I really would've gone into town to see those amateur pop-rockers perform dodgy cover versions!

Nightwish wrote:

Ouch. That hurt. Thanks for posting this Nightwish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭BeatNikDub

Apparently the council had 12000 euro of a budget but spent less than half of it??!!!

According to the KP anyway.

pretty glad i missed all this.

Parades are wack anyway.

BeatNikDub wrote:
    Apparently the council had 12000 euro of a budget but spent less than half of it??!!!

Gee I wonder where the rest of it went. :rolleyes:

Just wait for the next junket!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 richard_b

hi if anyone took pictures of the juggler outside o'briens on st. patricks day, i would much appreciate if i could get my hands on them. thanks in advance.

if u have any photes i will privite message you my e-mail.

You should ask the Advertiser and the People did their photographers take pictures of the guy you're talking about.

Advertisement