Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer games shop

Options
  • 17-03-2007 10:57pm

Anyone remember a computer games shop that used to be in lower Mallow St? This was around the time of 8-bit and 16-bit machines.

You had to go down a steel stairs to go in...cant remember the name of the place though..its really annoying me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

I remember when I was young getting my computer games in smyths no were else, now im 17
    ah the memories

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Remember Soft Cell upstairs on william street.

I can see the black and white sign in my head for the place in Mallow Street but cant see the name

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kman

Vaguely remember a place called The Mighty Micro I think...

• sioda wrote:
    Remember Soft Cell upstairs on william street.

I can see the black and white sign in my head for the place in Mallow Street but cant see the name

Damn was there a place in William St? I missed that :(

kman wrote:
    Vaguely remember a place called The Mighty Micro I think...

Nope that wasn't the one in Mallow St

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭sioda

Yeah was where the cellular repair centre is now

• Advertisement

• sioda wrote:
    Yeah was where the cellular repair centre is now
    Where is that? Upper or lower William St? The only repair centre I know is the Nokia one in Catherine St

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I cant say I remember it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I remember the one on Mallow Street (bought a few C64 games there!). Was it Software 2000 or Beyond 2000 or something like that?

• don't think so. I remember I was always getting games there for my Amstrad and bringing them back if I didn't like them (as I was a kid I'd ask my dad to do it).

The lads there always obliged...must have been driving them nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Ah God bless the oul' Amstrad! I spent hours upon hours on it in my teenage years (mostly waiting for the games to load!) and still learned feck all about computers! Think it's still in the attic somewhere.
    Anyone remember the Games some weren't too bad - R-Type, Manic Miner,Spiky Harold! Always remember a game I got free with Weetabix called Weetabix Vs The Titchies - kind of Space Invader clone. Those were the days.....
    Can't for the life of me remember where I used to buy the games though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement