Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Right so... Fitness Log

Options
  • 17-03-2007 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi All,

I've decided to put a fitness log up here to help myself get a bit more motivated! I've been getting kinda lazy since christmas and i'm just starting back into a football season again so need to get cracking! The general goal is to get fit for football and to lose about a stone as too many nights drinking have started taking their toll!

I've changed the diet already (starting last week). From now on it's...
    Breakfast - porridge, an apple and a banana
    Lunch - Salad plate with tuna, tomato, hard boiled egg, lettuce, cucumber, cheese etc
    Dinner - Anything from grilled chicken with wholegrain rice, grilled salmon, or grilled tuna steaks

I'm looking for some advise on the workout routine though.
    I am planning on probably hitting the gym 3 times a week as i'll have football training on top of this.

At the moment my routine is

15 mins on cross trainer - level 6
    15 mins on bike - level 7... I normally do 40 second sprints every 2/3 minutes when i'm on the bike.
    Then 5 minute walk and 10/15 run on threadmill.

I'll be planning on upping this as I progress with that's what i'm starting with at the mo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭scoot on

Right so,

Since i wrote the last message football season has kicked off in a major way. I am now training four nights a week so I don't really have time for the gym. Training is tough. Mostly fitness training at the moment so we've been doing a bit of everything really... sprints, circuit training, a bit of distance running.

I am getting fitter however i'm not having much luck in shifting a bit of excess weight. I'm not sure why?? My diet is fine and i've been cutting odwn on alochol. Does anyone have any idea why i'm not seeing results weight wise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

I don't think you are eating enough, especially not enough protein. Check out the stickies to get a better idea of what you need out of your diet to give you enough energy to train as well as lose weight.

Thanks.

I find it very hard to eat while training though. I normally have porridge for my breakfast and i'll have my lunch in work but I don't eat for a few hours before training. Training is very tough at the moment and I find it I eat beforehand I actually feel physically sick during training.

Well everyone feels differently to this. Personally I train best if I eat about an hour before the gym. If I haven't eaten within two and a half-three hours before the gym I know it won't be a good session. I'd try having two boiled eggs perhaps before your porridge, and either get a protein supplement if you are going to be trying to build muscle, or boil up a few chicken fillets and eat them as snacks/small meals during the day when you don't have time for a proper meal.

Thanks brian.

I think I'll definitely get a protein supplement during the week.
    Also, i think i'll take your advise and have something like chicken fillets at around 3 or 4 o'clock on the days that i'm training. We'll see how it goes this week anyway!

• Advertisement

Are you training with weights? I don't know if you need to bother with a supplement if you aren't.

Advertisement