Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mido

Options
  • 17-03-2007 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

really looks out of sorts...shame he cant get himself fit and ready to play. think we will hav to replace him in the summer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

and defoe.

defoe adds nothing to the team, he scores great goals, not not regularly and he just doesnt seem to link any play together.

too inconsistant and without that, hes not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Unforunately Mido seems to have no confidence at the moment.

Defoe is just unbelievably frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Mido is a complete and utter waste of space. Whoever decided to sign him after the way he carried on towards the end of last season should be sacked. And spare me the "he needs games" stuff. He's had games and chances and he hasn't taken them. To me he represents everything thats wrong with football today. A talented but lazy guy on big money who doesn't give a ****.
    Rant over :D

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Neither does anything for me - i'd prefer Roy O'Donovan from Cork City - he scored twice tonight!!

I'd go to the continent again - please God none of the English tools i keep seeing mentioned. Tevez for nothing might be worth a look,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Both have strengths, both have weaknesses.

Keane on form is the more creative of the two, and appears to have formed a good partnership with Berbatov. The benefit of this is that it has released Berbatov to concentrate on scoring goals, where as paired with Defoe he was expected to be provider for Defoe as the striker. Keane is infuriating at times, he is naturally talented but appears to lack a tactical football brain at times.

Defoe on form is a more natural goal scorer, he is the only player we have in that out-and-out goal scoring role. He tends to be greedy, which isn't a problem when he's scoring but is when he's not. In his defence, when he's played recently he's made some good runs that just haven't been picked out (two in particular against Chelsea in the Stamford Bridge QF).

Here's the problem...if both ship out, name me a better forward who will come to our club and settle for a place on the bench. Obviously we have to improve on what we have if we are to do business, one striker will take the #2 slot but who'll be happy with #3? I can't see many players of sufficient quality accepting that.

That said, Mido must GO!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

yep, Mido has to go. he's just gotten lazy since he earned that contract. and either one of Keane or Defoe to go too.

can't think of a replacement yet, though..:confused:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Advertisement