Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top five commentary moments

• 18-03-2007 1:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

Wouldn't agree with all of them in here, even the classic at the end but.......
    DENNISH BERGKAMP!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkeMtQ2t8_o

Any got anything any better? Or your personal favourites

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

"Maggie Thatcher, can you hear me? Your boys took a hell of a beating"

Classic.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

"And a nation holds its breath"....."It's there"!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

”The Baggio brothers, of course, are not related.”

Classic George. :) Plenty of USA '94 memories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

"can Manchester United score? they allways score" sends shivers down my spine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,328 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The Peter Martin radio commentary on Radio Clyde always cracks me up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR5KE6mXA88 - His Celtic v Benfica commentary with a video of the goals

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

For me it has to be either Declan Drake in the Shels -v- Hadjuk Split game, where he started singing along with La Bamba, or Paul Doolin saying Wes Hoolahan sent Mauro Silva out for an Evening Herald. Two classic moments in the space of a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

"Game well and truly over, and I hate saying that" - Andy 'Bluenose' Gray 25/05/05

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

"when they talk about the great players of world championship football, this man will be on a pedestal"

magee el-classico commentary!

also george said during the man u v palace fa cup final 1990,

"and xxxx scores the opening goal of the 1990 world cup......"

good old george getting caught up in it again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Well most things george hamilton has ever said
    I always recall Kevin Keegan legendry line when england played romania in the world cup, "only 1 team going to score now"
    But winner will always be this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qFD6yn8sTg

you little beauty!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The best for me was during the England v Argentina peno shootout in France 98. Brian Moore puts Kevin Keegan on the spot (excuse the pun) by asking him will David Batty score his? King Kev replies "Yes" a little too emphatically and Batty inevitably misses. Brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

A Mr. J. Magee from Co. Louth came up with gem in 1986....

"Different class...... different class.... DIFFERENT CLASS!!!"

Maradona's second goal against England in Mexico. (the one after the Hand of God, of course!)

Same game, same goal... Byron Butler of BBC Radio came up with this...

"Maradona, turns like a little eel, he turns away from trouble. Little squat man comes inside Butcher - leaves him for dead - outside Fenwick - leaves him for dead - and puts the ball away. And that is why Maradona's the greatest player in the world."

Also, Alan Green commentating at the end of the 1999 Champions League final. Hairs on the back of your neck stand to attention.

Advertisement