Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

manners

• 18-03-2007 3:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

i was out on paddys day and i have never seen such lack of manners and social etiquette as i have today.
    i'm a balbrigganer and im 32 years old. but today (being paddys day i know everyonre is drunk) but the lack of manners and respect shown in the pubs is rediculous. but the way people are treated and staff in osheas was beyond a joke. i know alot of balbriggan people and when i say alot i mean a hell of alot but the new balbrigganers were so rude and inconsiderate. And before you get on your high horse i know some ourlads are as bad but to the degree i saw it tonight they are nothing near it.
    im not sure how its done in the "big smoke" but for god sake you dont have to wade in and push your way through them as if they dont exist, take their seats or push them out of theirs, bark orders or indulge us in the "im the centre of the universe attitude".
    When in Rome comes to mind, all you have to do is be polite and have a little respect and you'll find that the locals will be all more than accomodating. give respect and you will receive it, otherwise expect to be treated like blowins.
    its up to you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

You have got alot of sweeping statements in there Sinister.

If I were you I would be preparing for a fairly hefty backlash:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

All I can say is I would love to have been in Balbriggan before the last few years - sounds like it was a weird Utopian kind of existence!!!!!!

I assume the the "Blow ins" causing trouble were wearing badges confirming that they weren't perhaps visitors from Skerries/Rush etc or (perish the thought) original Balbriggan people you didn't know!!!! I know its more irritating when people whom you dont know are being prats- because you dont see them sober and never see their good side (if they have one) !!

Apart from your assumptions about their identity I agree with you - I hate the fact that lots of pubs are full of drunks on Paddys Day who are rude and looking for trouble - I tend to go to quiter places or go out early and come home early on nights like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Sinister, I'm going to assume, given the day thats in it and the time of your posting, that you were drunk when you posted that. As chopperdog pointed out, you have made a lot of sweeping generalisations there and if you think that bad manners are something that's been recently imported into Balbriggan I'd absolutely love to know what rock you've been living under.

Folks, I'm getting increasingly tired of the anti-blow-in sentiment that is being displayed on this board by a number of posters. If it continues bans will be handed out, regardless of how long you've lived in the area or how many locals you know.

This forum is for everyone who has even a passing interest in North County Dublin. This is stated in the charter which I strongly suggest you all read.

Thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement