Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best GTA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Steak wrote:
    for me it definitely has to be Vice City, music was the cheesiest and best and I just got hours of fun out of it!
    Mmm, I think I like Vice City radio the best aswell... the talk stuff was quite good... just listening to the one in san andreas again and it's a bit on the "meh" side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭whupass

yeah i actually bought the sound track. some times my dad would just listen to it while i was playing. we all lovved it and got the soundtrack for the car and long trips, only downside it doesn't have the ammunition ads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Hey Ruu, if your interested heres the cheat:

Raise wanted level
    R1,R1,0,R2,left,right,left,right,left,right.

Have it on the PC but thanks anyway. I used to have it on the PS2 as well but chucked the whole lot when I moved out of the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

fairly sure i've managed the 6 star wanted level in vice city before... most likely when doing vigelante missions (brown thunder ftw:p )
    did you have the second island unlocked, Ruu?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Ruu wrote:
    Have it on the PC but thanks anyway. I used to have it on the PS2 as well but chucked the whole lot when I moved out of the house.

Im gona go into Game in the next couple of weeks and buy SA and VC for €40. I haven't played them on PC before, are they much harder to control?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Im gona go into Game in the next couple of weeks and buy SA and VC for €40. I haven't played them on PC before, are they much harder to control?

Much easier :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

GTAIII wa the king, but i havent played the latest one

Easy to control as kaimera mentioned. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭Darren

Vice City for me. Music is so coool.

Ruu wrote:
    Easy to control as kaimera mentioned. :)

Deadly. I'll have to get it then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

I knew vice city would be ahead in the poll, but I am really surprised SA is a close second, I thought it was terrible!! Stupid life bar.... I gave that game so much time to reel me in, and it never did.

I knew vice city would be ahead in the poll, but I am really surprised SA is a close second, I thought it was terrible!! Stupid life bar.... I gave that game so much time to reel me in, and it never did.

Tbh I liked it, but it just got boaring after a while. MAybe it was too big of a map, but I like driving, so maybe it wasn't that. I neverfinished the game, just got sick of playing it. But the features that were in the game that were'nt in the others was excellent, like being able to climb walls, swim and break into houses. Suppose it wasn't a bad aul game.

I got the VC soundtrack the other day from Amazon (all volumes). Now my neighbours will have to put up with me playing Fascination and Crockett's Theme full blast into the early hours. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Vice city FTW!!

Might pickup a psp to play VCS when it comes out.... Or I could just buy saints row and play that till gta4 launches in 2007! :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Vice City was orgasmic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Loved Vice City, loved the music, even got the albums, but got more hooked on San Andreas. Even pulled a sicky from work for 10 days just to play it. There's so much in it, you never get bored and the map is huge. Its 1 of the few games that took over my life. Cleared it 100% twice. Got weeks of playing out of it, great value for money. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭nealmac

Most definitly SA. The size of it kept me busy for months. Also the swimming and climbing over walls/fences was a great advantage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

GTA3 for me.

I've been playing San Andreas for the last month (just got a playstation of my own, so instead of playing my brother's games, I've to buy them instead), but this weekend I went and bought a double pack of GTA3 and Vice City, and I've been playing them all for a bit today.

I just can't get over how much I love GTA3. I love the grimy atmosphere, that the later 2 games didn't have. The other 2 are also a little bit more realistic looking, whereas the graphics in GTA3 are a bit cartoony at times, and I like that. The cars seem to explode more spectacularly too. I love the Mafia element too, and Double Cleff FM. In fact, maybe it's just nostalgia, but I prefer the music in this one too.

Just a really great game. The other two were great too when I first got my hands on them, but playing them now just isn't as addictive. San Andreas was just TOO big.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

Exit wrote:
    San Andreas was just TOO big.

More accurately, TOO Big, TOO empty! I'd like to see one very large city (not as big as whole San Andreas though and some sourrounding countryside (because sometimes its nice to get some fresh air.

I did like getting a fast car and bombing from one city to another along the interstate, but not twice in the one mission, especially if something goes awry and you have drive for miels to get back.

I averaged about 4 or 5 vehicles per trip. I brake for nothing, and with the cliffs and inadvised short cuts cross country, there was a lot of attrition. The bikes were best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 de lioncourt

well GTA3 for me.
    i have played it so many times that i feel its a part of my life now.
    lol.
    liked the bikes and helis in VC and SA.
    but for certain reasons i HATED SA.
    games arent fun when you try to make them TOO realistic.
    SA has the worst cars ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

well GTA3 for me.
    i have played it so many times that i feel its a part of my life now.
    lol.
    liked the bikes and helis in VC and SA.
    but for certain reasons i HATED SA.
    games arent fun when you try to make them TOO realistic.
    SA has the worst cars ever!

I don't agree with that - it has all the old favourites, PLUS the bullit - a class car. Loads of new fast cars as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 de lioncourt

I don't agree with that - it has all the old favourites, PLUS the bullit - a class car. Loads of new fast cars as well.
    well i didnt complete the game, just the few first missions and honestly, i didnt like the cars at all.

are there any new cars later in the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Vice City. The music, the story, the art direction, all brillaint. Spent so much time playing that game. Fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭theCzar

well i didnt complete the game, just the few first missions and honestly, i didnt like the cars at all.

are there any new cars later in the game?

Yeah, unlike VC, the good cars seem to phased in. No driving cheetahs from the get go, but by the end there's some real demons.

But in the end, what car can compare to a harrier jump jet of your very own!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

gta:sa, has all the best elements of 3 and vc; and it's fookin huge!
    gta 1 was THE best game on the playstation but it's nothing compared to sa (it was fun running down the hare chrishna's and elvis impersonators in the first one, shoulda put it in later games)

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

land9 wrote:
    gta:sa, has all the best elements of 3 and vc; and it's fookin huge!
    gta 1 was THE best game on the playstation but it's nothing compared to sa (it was fun running down the hare chrishna's and elvis impersonators in the first one, shoulda put it in later games)

What was the message that you got again if you managed to run over ALL of the elvis impersonators?? I can't remember it but I know there was one.

Finally picked up a copy of SA, must give it a go later on. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

bit late on the train there Ruu, but welcome aboard anyway :D

you'll quickly realise how freakin big it is, just by the boundaries of the first city... enjoy it!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I still have to get it, heh.

The original is best for me so far.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

yep there was a good vibe about the original game :)

Advertisement