Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

next gta

• 18-03-2007 11:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭

when is the next gta coming out??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

october sometime

now that all current consoles have the ability to patch, i expect it may be rushed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Lets hope they don't rush it. (although I'll be waiting for the PC version)

Jakkass wrote:
    Lets hope they don't rush it. (although I'll be waiting for the PC version)
    as will i.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

You're basing that the game will be rushed and buggy cause it can be patched now?

There was always bugs in the initial GTA versions for the PC's, they had to release patches afterwards. Anyone can make a mistake I suppose. I think what Cremo is trying to say is that the patching system gives them more reassurance that they can make mistakes and get away with it, subsequently making it easier for them to rush it.

• Advertisement

Ciaran500 wrote:
    You're basing that the game will be rushed and buggy cause it can be patched now?

not really.

GTA game have always come out in october, but i'm basing that it might be buggy because we haven't seen anything from it at all.

this game will shift ps3's by the truck load, sony need this game out before christmas. without knowing how far they away they are from completion there's no telling how the final release will be like.

but now that games can be patched on consoles it opens the path for developers and publishers to put it out for release and then patch it.

i'm sure it won't be the case for GTA as rockstar are great developers.

PC patches are more acceptable because there is a HUGE variance in the hardware used in PC ie. intel/amd ati/nvidia etc etc. whereas with a console the hardware is fixed for every console owner.

i just feel generally the ability to patch console games will lead to rushed games to meet deadlines.

isn't it up for a Xbox 360 release too?

Jakkass wrote:
    isn't it up for a Xbox 360 release too?

yeh it is i think, sorry if the last post seemed a little sony bashing/sony orientated.

still though some people will hold off buying a ps3 until GTA IV is out.

At that price, anyone would hold off. I'm happy with my Wii for now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭BrenC

MGS4 will also be a reason to buy one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

How long after the Playstation release is there usually a pc release? Because as much as i wish i could, i can't afford a ps3.

it's normally june/july before the pc release following the october launch on ps3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Cremo wrote:
    it's normally june/july before the pc release following the october launch on ps3.

I hate that when the game is finally ported over to the PC There is no additional content historically(except MP3 support)

Is it just me or would it be better if Rockstar developed for the PC initially and then ported the game to the PS3?
    The PS3 hardware seems a little limited in comparison to the 8800GTX etc.

It must be hell trying to write software on a system with 9 cores and the fact playstations have a strange Instruction set.
    Does anybody know what tools is used for PS3 development?
    Roll on June/July:)

Advertisement