Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring House & Garden Show

Options
  • 18-03-2007 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Has anyone been to Spring House & Garden Show this weekend?
    I was wondering if it was worth my while going.
    went to the ideal home expo and thought it wasn't great.
    Might venture out to it tomorrow i'll see what people have to say here first.
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

I went today.
    Far better (I felt) than the Ideal Homes show. Thankfully all the "retail" stands are corralled nicely together so you can avoid them if you wish.

The layout is good, and it was worth €6 in (with the 2 for 1 voucher).

There are plenty of Renewable Energy companies (solar and geothermal were nicely represented, which makes a change from the 10 million pellet boiler only stands).

Not as big a "garden" section as there was last year. The gardens were smaller (including some front gardens) which was interesting as in reality, the majority of gardens are smaller.

Similarly, the Show House is replaced with Show apartments which have some interesting design features for "Family Living".

Plenty of interiors too. I wasn't buying anything, just doing research for a build so I was impressed.

L.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i was there yesterday, i actually think its the best one of the lot. it depends on what you are looking for really

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭ocj

thanks for the replys guys,
    but i never made it to the show, got called into work instead.
    i'll def make it to the next show though.need to get some ideas for the new place.:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,670 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it was alright - of most interest if you were building your own house, or indulging in a major refit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

it was alright - of most interest if you were building your own house, or indulging in a major refit.

A very good show and the new layout was popular with most. IMO the quality of visitor was also better than previous years. Similar event will be held in Belfast in April.

• Advertisement
Advertisement