Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Keys locked in car

Options
  • 18-03-2007 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a locksmith in the north Dublin area, locked keys in car.

I managed to get the button for locking the door inside open, but there must be deadlocks on the car, door still won't open from the outside.

Thanks,
    Neil.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

What car is it???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Its a 98 primera.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I don't think that its impossible to get into at the moent!!
    Best place to get a locksmith is in the yellow/golden pages and they will charge a fair whack for calling out tho!!
    Try get another primera key and get in through the boot!! This works on some nissans!!

Any idea what sort of $$ a locksmith would charge?

Thanks,
    Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manti452

At least a ton.. if not upwards of €150, My mates a locksmith.. based in a shop in swords but does callout too. Let me know if you want his number

• Advertisement

Cheers manti452, that would be great.

Could you pm me on his number, I'm only 10 mins from Swords myself.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

They might charge a little more seeing as its a bank holiday weekend. It might be hard to find somebody at the weekend.

DonJose wrote:
    They might charge a little more seeing as its a bank holiday weekend. It might be hard to find somebody at the weekend.

Not a problem, I can wait till Tuesday, not using the car at the moment.
    Neil.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You may be able to get a new key made from a Nissan dealer by giving them the chassis number of the car. It may cost around the same as calling out a locksmith but at least you will have a spare key. Might be worth looking into if you are not in a hurry to get into the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Neilw wrote:
    I managed to get the button for locking the door inside open, but there must be deadlocks on the car, door still won't open from the outside.

Can you reach the opening handle on the inside of the door with a coat hanger?

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Are you in the AA, I think they will come out to this.

esel wrote:
    Can you reach the opening handle on the inside of the door with a coat hanger?

I've tried this but no luck unfortunately, been trying to get in for the last hour or so.

Not with the AA either.

Thanks,
    Neil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Breaking a window will possibly be cheaper - 40 euro to have one of the small back ones replaced - if a bit more hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

JHMEG wrote:
    Breaking a window will possibly be cheaper - 40 euro to have one of the small back ones replaced - if a bit more hassle.

And you may be covered for glass breakage - not if you tell them you did it yourself, obviously.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

I'd go with the nissan dealer option first.. At least then you would be buying something and would have a spare key

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Neilw wrote:
    I've tried this but no luck unfortunately, been trying to get in for the last hour or so.

Not with the AA either.

Thanks,
    Neil.

If you know someone in the AA, get them to ring. It's the person that's covered, not the car, unlike the RAC.

Advertisement