Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anybody know How To Install A Phone Kit?

Options
  • 18-03-2007 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

One of my cars used to have a phone kit, one of the previous owners took it out and now there is six holes beside the centre console and it looks crap have a kit from my mams car, when she changed phones she got another car kit installed and its going spare so, is it difficult to install i dont really want to go and start blowin' ecu's or realys.

Thanks

-VB-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Disconnect the Battery, and tap a power feed from the Radio. The Radio has a built in voltage regulator, and the additional, minor consumption will not trip anything (At least in the 10 or so kits I've done it hasn't).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

it's an older car 90 carina, still be ok?

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If it's a Nokia kit, it's very simple. red wire from the ignition power supply for the stereo. black one is ground, yellow one is radio mute, but I'm guessing the JVC standard Carina radio doesn't have a mute input. the bluetooth kits have constant power supply to keep the kit working for a few minutes after you take the key out. Absolutely simple stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Hey VB,

Just spotted the thread, the module/speaker for the car kit was fitted in the little pocket infont of the gear stick.

There should be a 4 way connector under that pocket that has switched 12V, perminant 12V and ground on it for the car kit. if you "fish around" you should be able to find it...

DD

Advertisement