Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castletroy Obelisk!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

The two tall pillars that they have been building for the last while are the elevator shafts for the new 11 story hotel! It ruins Limericks "skyline" coming from the dublin road into Limerick,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

^^ wait till its finished before you say ruined

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Osk

Grogg wrote:
    See that the EPA (or whoever) fellas denied Aldi going in on the Coonagh road (Shannon Road) at my side of town.

I read that Lidl were supposed to be going into the old Texaco station beside Elm Motors? There was an interview with Robert Butler in the Limerick Business magazine a few months ago and that was what he said...Also - any word on new tenants for the Jetland Centre? It's still so empty - I saw a unit boarded up there last week but no sign on the outside as to what is going in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

1huge1 wrote:
    is it normal to build a building like that from the inside outwards
    clearly im not expert
    I'm no expert on this either, but someone told me that when a new building is being built, they need to design the elevators first, as the only place that builds them to a certain standard is in Germany, who have a backlog of elevators to design and build, explaining why those shafts are there before everything else.

But it could have all been lies...

Advertisement