Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which gps to buy

• 18-03-2007 3:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭

Hi i know it has been asked before but i need to buy a gps,iv been to Halfords today and they showed me a garmini?"think that is the spelling" it was a 510model 299euro.the TOM TOM one europe he said wasnt great at housing estates and smaller roads i asked did it use navtec he said no.Now my question is i need to find all housing estates in Wexford for a taxi business but im getting different answers where ever i go any help would be great.Oh and last bit if im driving along not asking it for directions will it show on the screen where i am. ie will show next left is deepdales housing estate or do i have to tell it where i want to go or i get a blank screen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Why don't you have a look at the latest maps online, and see if they have the housing estates you're looking for?
    Garmin's v9 is here. This has some pretty recent NavTeq maps.

Yes, it will show you your current location, and you can see approaching roads and estates as long as they're on the maps, but obviously if it doesn't know where you want to go it wont give you directions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭wexford12

Thanks Krusty for that yes it does show a fair bit alright.Im looking at the Garmin 310d@459.99euro and the Garmin 310 @399 do you know if they are any good or any advice on models to look at.Halford seem to give different advice every time i go in which is no help.

Advertisement