Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help! Traffic Corps Questions...

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Seinas wrote:
    as OP i request that this thread is locked
    You have to be 18 years old to request that a thread be locked ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

oleras wrote:
    sniff, sniff..............daddy, they are all at me !!!!

As a poster i request this thread be kept open, as a warning to future muppets :D

agreed he can't handle the truth... most of us work for our cars..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

you dont know me, and you dont know what I have been through in life, so please, just lay off. I came on looking to know could the jeep have been taken off me. . .

you may have been through crap like us all, but a jeep like that isn't bought without daddy's help..:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

you may have been through crap like us all, but a jeep like that isn't bought without daddy's help..:rolleyes:

no you seriously have no idea. yeah, he bought it for my birthday, happy now?

• Advertisement

ah it's only a bit of slagging.... just a 17 yr old we all know doesn't buy a jeep like that on his own as you just said.. seriously though you should have a fully licenced driver beside you and DO check out the commercial insurance thing

jesus this thread sucks.

To all the begrudgers maybe work a bit harder and you too could own a jeep :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭dgosul

Yea it must have been pretty scary for u alright having 3 cops pull u over, get used of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

ronoc wrote:
    jesus this thread sucks.

To all the begrudgers maybe work a bit harder and you too could own a jeep :rolleyes:

Ok............its not a JEEP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

oleras wrote:
    Ok............its not a JEEP.

Just thinking, don't commercial vehicles only have front seats? This fella said he had 2 buddies with him?

• Advertisement

ronoc wrote:
    jesus this thread sucks.

I'm very happy with my car that I worked and still work hard for..

DonJose wrote:
    Just thinking, don't commercial vehicles only have front seats? This fella said he had 2 buddies with him?

crew cab can still be classed as commercial afaik

Seinas wrote:
    no you seriously have no idea. yeah, he bought it for my birthday, happy now?

Oh yeah, nearly forgot..................... Go to bed !!! way past your bedtime !! The adults want to chat........... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Hmmmmm, it would appear there are alot of bitter people around here. Is it of any relevance who bought the jeep or what age the lad is or what year the jeep is? I dont see how any of that matters unless you have personal problems with that like being jealous/bitter/etc.

Just take the following hypothecial scenario:
    Theres a decent man that works hard all his life for his living and to support his family, and sets-up what is a successful transport business to a certain degree. He has an L200 crewcab for the business used to carry around workers and get diesel tanks, etc. The family has a few personal problems or whatever but they get on with their lives, 1 of the mans kids goes off to college and the other decides to work with dad in the business. The dad insures him on the jeep as he wants to get his son driving and run some errands at the same time. The son goes into town 1 night in the jeep and doesnt do any messing/drink-driving or any retarded behaviour at all. The son gets stopped at a normal checkpoint and gets "abuse" from a "worthwhile" garda.

Anyone that has a problem with the above is a bitter/jealous/sad person. Whatever a hard-working person decides to spend their money on is of no concern to anyone else, unless its something illegal or dodgy obviously. Anyone that moans about "daddy" spending money on cars/jeeps/anything for their children is a blatant begrudger and it would suit them better to go and look at their own lives before making their bitter comments. And anyone who even starts to bring up anal crap like it being a commercial vehicle and what reason had it being out after "office hours" must lead an extremely sad life. I almost feel sorry for you! Those employers have probably paid more tax than some posters here will ever pay and to make a statement regarding these jeeps getting lower tax/vrt and talking about revenue theft is absolute bitterness and begrudgery at its highest.

I drove my uncles jeeps at 17/18 and had a simialr experience to the OP except i had a fully licenced driver with me and my uncle wasnt long correcting the garda on his retarded incorrect assumptions regarding commercial tax/insurance. Are some of ye actually saying that a farmer with a commercial jeep cant use it for private use aswell and would mean that taking the example of a single old aged farmer needing to have a 2nd car just for the sole purpose of going to the grocery shop once a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,392 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Nuttzy wrote:
    Are some of ye actually saying that a farmer with a commercial jeep cant use it for private use aswell and would mean that taking the example of a single old aged farmer needing to have a 2nd car just for the sole purpose of going to the grocery shop once a week?
    Thats what the tractor is for.

Nuttzy wrote:
    Hmmmmm, it would appear there are alot of bitter people around here. Is it of any relevance who bought the jeep or what age the lad is or what year the jeep is? I dont see how any of that matters unless you have personal problems with that like being jealous/bitter/etc.

Just take the following hypothecial scenario:
    Theres a decent man that works hard all his life for his living and to support his family, and sets-up what is a successful transport business to a certain degree. He has an L200 crewcab for the business used to carry around workers and get diesel tanks, etc. The family has a few personal problems or whatever but they get on with their lives, 1 of the mans kids goes off to college and the other decides to work with dad in the business. The dad insures him on the jeep as he wants to get his son driving and run some errands at the same time. The son goes into town 1 night in the jeep and doesnt do any messing/drink-driving or any retarded behaviour at all. The son gets stopped at a normal checkpoint and gets "abuse" from a "worthwhile" garda.

Anyone that has a problem with the above is a bitter/jealous/sad person. Whatever a hard-working person decides to spend their money on is of no concern to anyone else, unless its something illegal or dodgy obviously. Anyone that moans about "daddy" spending money on cars/jeeps/anything for their children is a blatant begrudger and it would suit them better to go and look at their own lives before making their bitter comments. And anyone who even starts to bring up anal crap like it being a commercial vehicle and what reason had it being out after "office hours" must lead an extremely sad life. I almost feel sorry for you! Those employers have probably paid more tax than some posters here will ever pay and to make a statement regarding these jeeps getting lower tax/vrt and talking about revenue theft is absolute bitterness and begrudgery at its highest.

I drove my uncles jeeps at 17/18 and had a simialr experience to the OP except i had a fully licenced driver with me and my uncle wasnt long correcting the garda on his retarded incorrect assumptions regarding commercial tax/insurance. Are some of ye actually saying that a farmer with a commercial jeep cant use it for private use aswell and would mean that taking the example of a single old aged farmer needing to have a 2nd car just for the sole purpose of going to the grocery shop once a week?

you were just an uncles boy so LOL
    how do you know what the posters are to this? I'm not jealous just saying daddy's boy like your an uncles boy..tax i work 2 jobs pay loads of it....commercial vehicles are what they say on the tin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Victor wrote:
    Thats what the tractor is for.
    Lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,281 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Hi Daddy! (oops, I mean Hi Nuttzy!) :D

Did you carry a 'Get out of Traffic Stop' card in your licence too?

Not your ornery onager

esel wrote:
    Hi Daddy! (oops, I mean Hi Nuttzy!) :D

Did you carry a 'Get out of Traffic Stop' card in your licence too?

Shhhhhhhhhhhh the child is asleep............. :D

sweet dreams op.....just imagine, the world is your lobster !! (if daddy will pay)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

kerbdog wrote:
    Secondly, we all have off days. He might have just been at a large accident. He could have just taken ****e from another motorist.
    I got stopped one evening in Rathmines not too long ago by a Garda who had just been at the scene of an accident involving a pedestrian. He didn't need to book me (speeding). He was very convincing. Yes, I did need a change of underwear and I also felt sorry for the guy because he wasn't much older than me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

I'd cut the guard some slack.

It sounds to me like he was an 'old-school' guard using a bit of sensible discretion to give the OP a bollicking for breaking the law (which, in fairness, he was on 2 counts) and send him home.

He probably figured that irish roads on Paddys night were dangerous enough for an experienced fully licenced driver, nevermind a young inexperienced driver, and he obviously didnt want the OP and his mates to be statistics on the Sunday news.

As somebody else mentioned, he's probably seen a few things at car accident scenes that most of us would choose not to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

can you all stop being stupid please.

i dont want to see any futher pointless 'daddys boy' posts on here, and i dont want to hear anything about abusive PM's or i will ban you.

if you dont like it, then you dont like it. stop wasting bandwidth being petty. its fúcking childish.

understood?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Seinas wrote:
    as OP i request that this thread is locked
    ronoc wrote:
    jesus this thread sucks.

Thread closed. It was allowed go on long enough.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement