Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My excellent poetry essay (well sentence) for paper II

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭theliam

Out of curiosity, how many marks did you get on average for grammar and spelling in your essays?

on my macbeth essay anyway i got the max i could for the last three things theyre corrected on but was limited because of the "purpose" mark thing.

hmmm, dunno if you'll quite understand that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

I'd reply calling your friends idiots, but I feel like a more reasonable response.

What you have to understand, theliam, is that what your friends find funny and what people on the internet find funny are two totally different things. Also, it just happens that the LC board is mainly populated by those who wish to do at least reasonably well in the LC and don't really care for jokes about taking the piss out of exams(unless it is exceptionally funny - and no we're not planks with no sense of humour just because no one found this funny).

So basically, know your audience. Judging by your mention of falling back on daddy's business, I'm currently formulating a stereotype of what you're like and what you and your friends would find funny and it all fits(yeah, I'm drifting back into asshole mode).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭md99

JC 2K3 wrote:
    I'd reply calling your friends idiots, but I feel like a more reasonable response.

lol, I was gonna use 'morons' but 'idiots' is a little more effective

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Tomlowe

Looks like a forum for cranky, uninspired but aspirational Leaving Cert students wasn't the place to write that Liam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Tomlowe wrote:
    Looks like a forum for cranky, uninspired but aspirational Leaving Cert students wasn't the place to write that Liam

Now thats not fair! We're not all cranky and uninspired. Well ok probably 90% of us... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

(Please note, I've only read the first page of this.)

theliam, if you were going to be such a smart-ass why not do it in a wackier way? Y'know, "After my study of Sylvia Plath, it is my honest belief that she was schizophrenic. After analysing her works, it has become clear to me that Plath's conflicting personalities revolved around the holocaust." At least be original ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Nah, "I presume she was some sort of poet or something...." would be better.

Lol. ^See that's funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭dan719

Rozabeez wrote:
    (Please note, I've only read the first page of this.)

theliam, if you were going to be such a smart-ass why not do it in a wackier way? Y'know, "After my study of Sylvia Plath, it is my honest belief that she was schizophrenic. After analysing her works, it has become clear to me that Plath's conflicting personalities revolved around the holocaust." At least be original ffs.
    No no no. She was a holocaust denier. Because she was hitlers cousin twce removed on her Uncle Jacob the jew's side. ;)

Tomlowe wrote:

Where then do you suggest he write that crap, Humour - Pre-School? Eduation - Union of Primary School Students??

Don't defend a jackass, jackass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭analyse this

It is not the fact that you only wrote one sentence that bothers me, but the fact that what you wrote was the biggest load of garbage I have ever had the privilege of reading in my seventeen years of breathing! To be perfectly honest, the sentence doesn't even make sense and I would have given you more marks if you had left the page blank! I feel sorry for the page it was written on. The poor thing...having to endure such crap! It must be traumatized!

Ok ok ...now that I have that out of my system:D On a lighter note, (depending on what you regard as lighter I suppose), does anyone know how many marks are allocated per point made in the English exam? For example, for a fifteen mark question would three points suffice, with five marks per point? Or is that being too idealistic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Tomlowe

why hasnt this been locked yet since people are calling each other morons, idiots, jackasses etc, and the original point is long gone?

some people just cant hack the stress of the leaving it seems

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

I thought it was quite funny actually :)

Tomlowe wrote:
    why hasnt this been locked yet since people are calling each other morons, idiots, jackasses etc, and the original point is long gone?

Stop stressing me out you idiotic, moronic....JACKASS! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Tomlowe wrote:

Yes, that must be the only possible reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Nehpets wrote:
    Yes, that must be the only possible reason.
    Why arent you in school?

Why aren't you in college?

*Didn't go to school today and spend the day in the library*

That was a good day's work, for a moronic idiototic jackass like me.

I wasn't in school either... Not dossing, but we didn't have it. You know how secondary teachers just LOVE their 5 day weekends... Our school has had 4 of them so far this year, wouldn't mind it but its a lot easier being in school... A lot less work gets done ;)

5 day??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

Four and a half day, it would seem.

Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday?

Cranky and uninspired.... huh!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Guinea

md99 wrote:
    '**** ass response'

you've got a very bright future ahead of you son.....

Liam will own all of you one day. mark my words. And that little b@st@rd is a mathematical genius. He r*pes maths without doing any work. And has 1337 scuba diving skills. Which is more than I can say for all you f@ggot @ss losers sitting at your computers, ragging on Liam's essay. And don't bother commenting on the hypocrisy of my post, as I am currently on a beach in the Bahamas, surrounded by many beautiful men.

Well you have an extruding ass.

Don't let the door hit it on your way out! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

Moral of the story is, don't write one sentence answers and if you do, don't post about it here

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement