Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Game Has Most Glitches

Options
  • 18-03-2007 9:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

Which Game Has The Most Glitches

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

hmm

KOTOR II had a bunch of them, but the real question is which do you think has the most!?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

hidden and dangerous 1.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

ff7 on pc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Didn't Tribes 2 not work out of the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Anima wrote:
    Didn't Tribes 2 not work out of the box?
    No it needed an update for the auto updater to work :)

But yea Tribes 2 is among the most buggy releases, others include:
    Boiling Point: Road to Hell
    KOTOR2
    NWN 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Vampire The Masquerad: Blood Lines would def be in the running :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

Fallout 2 was pretty broken when it was first released, if i remember correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

X2 The threat - you could not finish the training it had a huge bug in the middle of the 3rd or 4th part. One of the bugiest bloody games ever. I took it straight back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

Need For Speed Most Wanted Froze A Lot Annoyin When Your In A Middle Of A Race

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Championship Manager 4 was pretty bad out of the box.

KOTOR2 as has been said, I loved what I played of that game but never got far in it because it broke too often, planning to pick up the xbox version some time.

Liberty City Stories on PSP has a woeful amount of glitches for a console game, between the road disappearing frequently and and sometimes the city becoming suddenly uninhabitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Vampire: Bloodlines.

A section of the game is unreachable unless you cheat. (although it may be better after you patch)
    Doors are the greatest enemy, fear them as they may consume you and trap you forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Boiling Point: 2x100meg patches later and I stopped even trying :(

I did read about a lot of issues with Splinter Cell: DA on pc.

H&D1 I found very playable out of the box. Don't think I patched that for months afterwards. Excellent game btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

wasnt SIN so buggy on release that you couldnt finish the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    wasnt SIN so buggy on release that you couldnt finish the game.
    That is right my good man! I was just about to mention Sin. I bought it a little bit after release and it came with a patch disk.

At the moment I've finding Star Trek Legacy on the 360 to be ridiculously buggy.

I somehow managed to make the little Bird of Prey I was controlling travel about 5 times quicker than its maximum speed. And then when I ran out of torpedoes it wouldn't let me finish the mission using phasers alone..... very sloppy stuff.... Also it won't let me play online.. says I don't have enough recourses despite having 2MB broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Soul Reaver
    I ended up just skipping the last half of the game and starting the far more stable Soul Reaver 2 instead. shame, it was a great game:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Cremo wrote:
    hidden and dangerous 1.

Christ i remember that. It had possibly the worst bugs of all time. i gave up after 1.3 still did'nt fix where your guys randomly died.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

i remember the PC version of GTA 3 being awful at the time

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Mantel wrote:
    Vampire: Bloodlines.

A section of the game is unreachable unless you cheat. (although it may be better after you patch)
    Doors are the greatest enemy, fear them as they may consume you and trap you forever.

i loved that game... didn't notice too much hassle, tho i recall wandering the sewers for month

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Wasn't Ultima IX (Ascension) a bug-infested mess?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

Operation Flashpoint for the victory !

U sniped in a house then magickally found urself outside the house floating in the air, dead tanks bounced around the map, walking into a house u found ur self on the second floor for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

magick wrote:
    Operation Flashpoint for the victory !

U sniped in a house then magickally found urself outside the house floating in the air, dead tanks bounced around the map, walking into a house u found ur self on the second floor for no reason.
    and armed assualt really is the true sequel as i cant even play it anymore its so buggy...

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

TmB wrote:
    Wasn't Ultima IX (Ascension) a bug-infested mess?

Please, don't. It's still too painful. That game broke my heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

BF2 is one that pops into my head but.

I dunno if anyone here ever played/heard of lock on (combat flight sim game on the PC) but that is one BUGGY ASS GAME. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pis5LqxVh2E

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Oddly enough, of all the games mentioned, Boiling Point is the only one I ever had major problems with, Which was a pity, because it could've been a great game :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    and armed assualt really is the true sequel as i cant even play it anymore its so buddy...
    i was just about to nominate arma aswell for buggiest piece of crap ive ever played :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

pissed me off allot!

It had it's moments but the ally A.I was non existent so you'd end up surrounded by 'team' mates unable to move. Or a team mate would stand in front of a panel you had to activate and refused to move (and firing at them, as you would eventually be forced to do in rage, only lead to failing the mission).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Ohboy, Vampire:Bloodlines did have plenty of glitches, and that game-stopping bug (you had to manually load the next stage/level), but the patch fixed a lot of those up, if you're installing the game now definitely get the patch. Great game, even with those bugs.

I ran into a good few bugs in Dark Messiah, one meant I had to reload a whole section which pissed me right off at the time. Stupid woman was stuck climbing a ladder (stuck in place with her legs moving!) and wouldn't trigger the end of the scene.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Yeah, H&D1 or Ultima IX. Looking back, on the whole, I think games have improved a lot in terms of quality, while becoming more complex.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I feel like adding STALKER to the list but I'll reserve judgement till I try it on a desktop.

*shakes fist at random lockups*

Advertisement