Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and forecasts.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Longfield wrote:
    Settling on concrete now as well as cars, grass, roofs etc, hopefully crunchy walk in an hour or so :)

PIcs?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

pp_me129 wrote:
    PIcs?

Maybe in an hour or so, its howling a gale outside and snowing at the same time, not go out and take a snap conditions.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Continue here.

Post here on forecasts and snow thats about to fall,or falling presently at your locations around the country.Update with links to radar/maps/charts as i think they will be used consistently throughout.

Will also feel icy out in the wind with significant wind chill and after thawing snow will freeze over after sundown.

Bitter cold countrywide with low singal figure temps by day and sub zero by night.
    Be careful out driving people.

Do not post pics in this thread.Post them [thread=2055050139]here[/thread]

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

We are having a slight shower here in Newport Co. Tipp. It is coming and going...

EDIT: WOW now its really coming down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Just got back from Swords 15 mins ago and from 100 metres upwards, the grass and house roofs were fully whitened. Blizzards here at the moment and 2 inches on the grass aswell. It's the first time since 2005 that I've heard the crunch of snow:D

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ryanoneill2006

Nothing here in Shankill, Dublin at the minute. Gotta go to work now but I will be here to report anything from about 3am onwards!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Wow!! Beautiful heavy snow falling here now, very heavy with big fluffy flakes, sticking to everything!:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Snow is sticking. Newport Tipperary.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

SNOWWWWWWWWWWWWW and sticking

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Ryanoneill2006

Whats your location RC28??

Damn thats what i call a false pretence!

It ended after about 1 minute:eek: :(

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Snowing here for the last 10 mins or so, pretty heavy too and sticking to cars. Not sticking to roads or grass though.

Im about 5miles from dunshaughlin in meath ryan, the snow is sticking to everything and all is white now, even the roads and pavements. it is very heavy, probly end soon tho. I've taken oics but how do i upload them to photo thread, do i have to put them on an image hosting site first?

Snowing Lightly Here

Good amount of showers to our North merging to longer spells of snow

Synoptics would suggests Dublin will wake up to 2/3 cm's of snow but as we all know were probably likely going to wake up to nothing!

If we arent done over its going to be a great night;)

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Any sign of the polar low weathercheck?

Somebody on netweather said that the look of the radar echos over ireland make it look like a polar low, what do u think wc? latest at 22:00 certainly does have a swirl pattern to it:
    http://www.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp
    Stopped snowing here now but snow isnt thawing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Just had a gawk outside and for the first time today there are snowflakes blowing about, not much mind you....but snow none the less :D:D

Just turned to a moderate shower of really fine hail, settling everywhere.

There is circular banding, but to call it a polar low is way of the mark.
    We have some showers moving south and giving snow to some, but its no polar low.
    If it was a polar low you would see a thread in after hours called "its snowing" with 500 people replying saying..its snowing!.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Its very very hard to determine

But if it is one its a weak one..

What's annoying me is theres been flakes falling for a while now but it hasnt intensified sooooooo frustrating!!

Theres no doubt about it though there should be lots of snow around tonight if you have abit of luck ;)

• Advertisement

Our circulation is moving down over east connaucht atm or the polar low fragment if you want.But it has enough energy to give a few cms over the midlands down to laois carlow direction.

Great Radar Pic

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/lib/template/spacer.gif

It has to be retierated that we wiykd gave be soooo unlucky not to see at least a few cm's tonite .. things are looking fantastic;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Bring it on. Dry in Tullow still.

Is moving SE.. should hit counties from Meath southwards and a large portion of the country should see a decent fall of snow.. SHOULD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Heavy snow here, sticking to nowt atm though.
    P.s. WC, I have to get up at 4 to go to the airport(if we can get there with such trecherous roads:D). I'm not staying up all night, so should i go to bed now and get some sleep, maybe get up around 3 or go to bed later and get up at 4. Any idea when the best activity is to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Bloody pegging snow here now!! hehe :D

*CroppyBoy goes back outside to see how many snowflakes he can catch in his mouth :p *

trogdor wrote:
    P.s. WC, I have to get up at 4 to go to the airport(if we can get there with such trecherous roads:D). I'm not staying up all night, so should i go to bed now and get some sleep, maybe get up around 3 or go to bed later and get up at 4. Any idea when the best activity is to be?

See action is pretty imminent.. I would epect the precip to arrive in Dublin near 12 midnight ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Tales Of Topogr

Croppy, yellow snow an all that!!!!

Temperature here is rising in the showers. Its lashing snow and hail here but risen to 0.4°C from -0.1°C earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

trogdor wrote:

Bray - Thats v.close to me but still only snowing lightly here. These showers are a very hit and miss affair. Anything should stick though....

A

Advertisement