Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and forecasts.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Raining here in Lifford. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

I have posted some pics in photo thread and it has started snowing here again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Oh dear. Mild sector me thinks. This is progged by the GFS. BTW you know something is wrong when Knock is reporting sleet;) Not saying of course that it wont snow further inland but once you get some milder air it can turn snow to rain very quickly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Stopped snowing here now....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Meath southwards...

That's a pity. I was hoping I would catch it's eastern end.

But after seeing the 10 pm radar, if the activity remains as intense as the radar shows it, then I should be hit, and lengthwise:D

Well if I miss it, I'll have to content myself with the >2 inches of snow currently on the grass:p

What conditions stunted the development of the polar low? The conditions for this looked better than Christmas 2004.:confused: Either way, it's a decent occlusion so "that'll do pig, that'll do."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Tales Of Topogr

Raining in Stillorgan.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

smashey wrote:
    Raining here in Lifford. :mad:
    :eek:

Tries not to hyperventalate

Must remember that the warm sector is very small hardly signifigant but obviously enough up there..

Got to be mentioned that Lifford would be in the heart of the Warm Sector so no panicking just yet.

Raining in Stillorgan.

Really? Thats nothing to do with the warm secor anyway as we were having light dry snow flakes a few moments ago..

Maybe it was small hail? Because i strongly doubt that it was rain ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Tales Of Topogr

Probably hail then....but it ain't white.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Nah, this can't be goin pear shaped again...:eek: :mad:

• Advertisement

:eek:

Tries not to hyperventalate

Must remember that the warm sector is very small hardly signifigant but obviously enough up there..

Got to be mentioned that Lifford would be in the heart of the Warm Sector so no panicking just yet.

The rain is quite heavy. I think I will go to Denver next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Its 0.4°C here, and melting again even though its still lashing snow outside.
    Unless conditions change cannot see low lying snow happening in Dublin or Wicklow.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

smashey wrote:
    The rain is quite heavy. I think i will go to Denver next year.

Is it straight rain yea?

100% rain with a strong north westerly wind.

Keep the faith Darkman! Clones is on automatic but it's at 1 degree and it's humidity is much higher. IIRC that indicates a lower dewpoint than the synoptic station with 1 degree and 77% humidity.

It will cool down as it travels further south but still, I might regret wanting the ppn belt to hit here. We will find out imminently here in south Louth what this front's made of:p

Still flakes in the wind here

Just to mention the warm sector is very small and is expected that 850's will rise to -5c from now until 1am but will be back to -7/8c by 2am ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Light snow flakes in the wind here in Tullow.

IT'S FECKING SNOWING!!!!!! At a SUBSTANTIAL rate!!!:D:D

Lads, at 150 m asl it is snowing for sure with no hint of rain. But it's moving very quickly on the radar. I don't want this to end:D

Im more concerned about whether we get enough precip!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

IT'S FECKING SNOWING!!!!!! At a SUBSTANTIAL rate!!!:D:D

Lads, at 150 m asl it is snowing for sure with no hint of rain. But it's moving very quickly on the radar. I don't want this to end:D

Well its snowing here too at 206m asl , but mostly melting on impact.

Bah, thought I'd wake up to a winter wonderland, not going to happen from the looks of things :(

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts (East)

Sometime since I last went out, about 40 mins ago, we have had a flurry. Just had a look out the front and the cars have a thin covering. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Ok started snowing again here in meath, i hope it tops up my 2cms of snow which thankfully hasn't melted yet (except on concrete paths of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

To be confirmed - where in Louth are you? I'm in Ardee - its chucking down with snow :D

The snow here is now piled up 8 inches from the door up along the front door. If it remains like this for another 10 minutes, it will be the largest single fall since Feb 2001.:D

Edit: It's snowing in Ardee?!?! Game set and match:D

I'm in Monasterboice. Startling difference between Drogheda and here as of 9.30 pm. I can only guess that the difference is even bigger.

It looks impressive right now, but still the driveway has only 3 cm. The grass is a different story however;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

just got home from town and snow is on the ground here, theres not alot but I was told there was more on the ground an hour ago so must be melting. However its starting snowing heavy again:)

The snow here is now piled up 8 inches from the door up along the front door. If it remains like this for another 10 minutes, it will be the largest single fall since Feb 2001.:D
    :eek: :o

Enjoy yourself! Im going go through the gap in the precip no doubt!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Temp here at 1.6c and rising a bit,any snow has not stuck here as yet

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

I dont think the front is going to make it WC. Looks to be weakening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

GRR still no snow here in waterford is that front going to hit me or avoid?

Knowing my luck it will turn to rain grr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

this snow on the way to north dublin if in meath?

Advertisement