Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and forecasts.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Does the Sally Gap area have lying snow or is it melting? Is it worth a trip?

Just came back from the Sally Gap. Not much snow there TBH. Other parts of the wicklow hills seem to have more though....

A

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

MegUltraPlushTowel.jpg

:o

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

Big hail shower in Aughrim now, turning wet

Winds have swing NNE just i think here.. With a CB going by my coast may clip Wicklow on its way southwards

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Hail shower in Newport, Tipp now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

With a CB going by my coast may clip Wicklow on its way southwards

Missed us, stayed well out to sea. Well south of me now

8.0 hours sunshine today, 7.1hours yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Comon anybody a update on this maybe with some more yummy charts

Well temps to dip low tonight.. Scattering of snow showers would settle..

Winds turning NE before Dawn perhaps some showers into east coast in the wee hours..

Nothing SPECTacular but still moderately interesting

This is the yummiest chart i could find...

Its the GFS 0.5 degree Model for 9 am tomorrow morning

21-574.GIF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Thanks Yummy:p :p:p and what about this polar low it gonna happen?

• Advertisement

pp_me129 wrote:
    Thanks Yummy:p :p:p and what about this polar low it gonna happen?

No no the chance has passed for that, the only chance for that was last night with the deep instability and deep cold pool... But was not to be ;)

Mothman wrote:
    Missed us, stayed well out to sea. Well south of me now

8.0 hours sunshine today, 7.1hours yesterday.
    we had 3 or 4 short sharp hail/sleet showers today that ran in a direct line north south from lugnaquilla direction and one coast hugger.
    All showers though black and fierce looking were gone in 5 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Absolutely bone dry and sunny here this morning. The car had only a bit of frost on its western side, as it was too dry.

By the looks of the radar, all the showers are dying out at the border, but the west has got some overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Can see the cbs building over Irish sea and pushing southwards off shore,which were they will stay.

yup.
    One just fringed the coast here this morning.

Lovely dewpoints today here ranging from -4c to -6c with a very low RH of 44%

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

had a very light snow shower for a few minutes a while ago.

Yup not much activity at all today, some cb's will rise inland during the heat of the day and ironically i think coastal areas of the east wont sea any due to the proximity to the sea and no land heating

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Seems to be more and more showers coming in off the east coast according to the radar. Anyone getting any snow/sleet??

A

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Snow in Dublin (Pearse St) at 13:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭silverski

Hi all,

Light, brief snow shower in Rathmichael at 3.00pm :(

Silverski

• Advertisement

Yes a few light snow showers now along some eastern coasts as winds have veered NE but high pressure is no rapidly approaching from the west and it should be a clear frosty night.

Large cb skirting here on the coast moving towards bray area now probably over it at this stage now.

Big CB above me but relatively small, spitting out probably the last flakes of snow of the wintry months of 2006/2007 season!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Temp 7C, DP -2C (was -5C earlier)

Some large dry snowflakes falling at moment

Temp dropping slightly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Nice sunny day down here, warm enough to go about in the t-shirt, which is a nice change to the two miserable days previous. The only snow that fell down here is the tops of the mountains, especially mt Brandon which got a nice covering.

Winter just basically said farewell here with the gentliest of sun snow showers i've ever seen it was actually beautiful:D ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Had a few snow flurries around today near dunshaughlin in meath. The interesting thing was that all the showers were 100% snow even when the sun was still shining.

Still a few snow showers in the Irish Sea with perhaps a few light pleasent flurries later

http://www.meteox.com/h.aspx?r=&jaar=2007&maand=03&uur=17&minuut=15&dag=20&id=41583904&bliksem=0

;)

Winter just basically said farewell here with the gentliest of sun snow showers i've ever seen it was actually beautiful

Sub zero dew points almost countrywide resulting in fine flakes of snow.Got that one too WC almost brought a tear to my eye:D

Throughout the first two days of the cold snap my dp was hovering at or just above freezing but today well below in a crisp clear air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Some light showers here today also.
    Not a bad winter overall in my book.
    8 Days with snow falling
    5 Days with snow lying with >=1CM @09:00AM

Wouldn't be surprised to have a few more days with snow showers this winter/spring, but lying snow is unlikely till next winter.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Advertisement