Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and forecasts.

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

Yeah it was snowing nicely with some light hail too in UCD around 3pm when I was there.
    I caught another light snow shower here when I got back.
    Thats the beauty of a -5c dp!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Recorded a dewpoint low of -5.7c and low RH41% which are both record lows for my station.
    Currently dp -4.5c

Edit:My max air temp today was 7.7c and low dp(-5.7c) where recorded at the same time thats a dewpoint depreciation of 13c which is a huge temperature difference or extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Some nice showers heading down the Irish sea on the Radar - seem to be just missing us!!

A

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Longfield wrote:
    Some light showers here today also.
    Not a bad winter overall in my book.
    8 Days with snow falling
    5 Days with snow lying with >=1CM @09:00AM

Wouldn't be surprised to have a few more days with snow showers this winter/spring, but lying snow is unlikely till next winter.

Did you count this event in that?

1 (In Jan) + 3 (8th Feb) + 1 (yesterday) = 5

Had some snow lying here at 9am on Sunday - probably about 1cm

A

The air flow straight down from a completely snow covered lugnaquilla got my DP down to a min of -6.7c and the RH was as low as 38%

This time last year in the cold snap with the wind also off lugnaquilla, we had dp's here of -8 and -9c iirc and RH's in the low 30's so not as good today but near.That was the day of the snow storm moving down from the NW that gave ye all a little covering including WC iirc.

Heres todays and yesterdays stats for here anyhow.

dailyhighlowbaroetc.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

arctictree wrote:
    Did you count this event in that?

1 (In Jan) + 3 (8th Feb) + 1 (yesterday) = 5

Had some snow lying here at 9am on Sunday - probably about 1cm

A

Yep, pretty much exact same but was Monday I had roughly 1CM lying at 9AM, I had to leave a little late for work (was working unfortunately!!) as the roads were pretty messy here until about 09:30 by which time the sun had done its job, was a nice last hurrah though.
    You're a little higher up than me so maybe you got an extra day?

Showers dying a death in the Irish sea, more than likely thats our lot until next winter. That said I haven't had snow like this winter since the 90's so cannot complain at all :)

Going to be v cold tonight, dry still air = pretty low temps, reckon -2.5°C is a fair guess

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

I have to double-check everything but I have 3 days of snow >1 cm at 9AM and 4 days of >1cm lying at any time. I think there was 5 or 6 days of any sort of falling snow this season.

Advertisement