Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and forecasts.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

from the met as you've probably already seen
    Wintry showers continuing tonight and becoming prolonged for a time giving some moderate accumulations of snow in places, Winds veering northwest and continuing strong and gusty. A very cold night with temperatures near zero or a little below

Havent had much time to research tonights feature but apparently the UK Met are going for it Big and conditions south of Iceland look so ripe its unreal.

Could be some big amounts of snow through the day and over the night.

A few flakes in the wind here already ;)

I'd like to report a light snow shower just now here :D

Windy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Very windy, and some very heavy showers of hail falling at the moment.. at least it isn't raining..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Best shower of the morning so far , started as small hail now loads of nice big fluffy flakes :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts (East)

Just had a very heavy snow shower.
    Look like something out of the Arctic! :rolleyes:

Only lasted five minutes and is sunny now but very cold winds.
    Could be a sign of things to come! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Caught the very end of a beefy shower here, although most of it passed to far south before coming east towards us. Have some very light snow atm. The heavieest seems to be heading to the wicklow mountains and Longfield and acrtic tree.;)
    Edit: some great cb's just come into view here seem to be land-based:D:D:D:D

Heavy snow shower here.
    Driving snow in the wind-an almost white out!
    No sign of the sun but I'm sure the wind will drive this shower out soon ready for the next one.
    Huge flakes :D

More light snow again here, just missed the core again. Looks like more heading to you tristrame

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Damn ly on,what i miss.Temp at 5.7c dp -1c.
    Light snowy sleet atm blowing more in the wind nothing much though.
    Remember no pics in this thread please.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

No sign of snow here, crisp and sunny morning! Think it did rain though briefly earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Nothing here yet. Some light sleet or rain this morning. Big shower to the north though. Looks like louth getting a good one atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

nothin here in waterford
    :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Same here a heavy white out for 5 or 10 mins then sun.
    FAO SNOWBIE
    snowbie I really think you should merge this and the snow reports thread and allow both in the one thread for say till tuesday.
    Otherwise you will get cross posting galore and thats its a nuisance to have the talk of whats to come over 48 to 72 hrs in a separate thread to the reports.
    FAO SNOWBIE

Great:rolleyes:
    If you want to contribute something to this forum well do so or please keep your sarcastic comments to yourself.

There is a shower coming now. Looks good.

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Shower here now, just rain from what I can see...very windy

Tristrame wrote:
    Same here a heavy white out for 5 or 10 mins then sun.
    FAO SNOWBIE
    snowbie I really think you should merge this and the snow reports thread and allow both in the one thread for say till tuesday.
    Otherwise you will get cross posting galore and thats its a nuisance to have the talk of whats to come over 48 to 72 hrs in a separate thread to the reports.
    FAO SNOWBIE
    PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Very heavy and frequent hail showers in West Limerick.

Yeah rain here too. Not even sleet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

Shower here in Waterford. But guess what??

Yep you got it, Its just more rain :mad:

But the rain is getting blown in a northerly wind woo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I have growing confidence that a Polar Low will form around Iceland early tomorrow and track into Ireland early Monday in the wee hours.. Exact track into Ireland is uncertain at this point but i do have 40% confidence for 1 to form early tomorrow, conditions and synoptics suggest that one will form ;)

Hopefully it comes in off the north west coast:D

Good signs on the 7 pm forecast. Mention of "snowfalls" and "countrywide". We might get the most snow of the season, tomorrow night. (Longfield and Arctictree excepted, possibly along with the parts of Connaught which did well out of the stall event)

by stall, are you referring to the 10 hour snowfall we got here last month?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Well in Costa del Wicklow, I have a sunny 7C. Did get a sleet shower after my last report that pulled temp down to...............4.5C, during which the DP rose to 2C.

DP down to 0C now.

Whiteout time here in Mayo as i'm typing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Had about 15 or 20 showers (hefty ones) since 7 this morning. All of them fell either as sleet, sleet/snow or snow.

Snow on the ground ...zero

Short and sharp soft hail shower just now. Gave a very brief white covering. Best shower yet:D

peasant wrote:
    Had about 15 or 20 showers (hefty ones) since 7 this morning. All of them fell either as sleet, sleet/snow or snow.

Snow on the ground ...zero

I suspect you are living on low ground if that's the case you'll have to wait till nightfall i'm afraid. An ideal situation would be the shower activity decreasing this evening. We then get an hour or two of frost then a polar low comes in from the North-West meaning significant accumulations of snow in Mayo and Sligo:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Very heavy snow/hail shower for 10 minutes. Temp dropped from 6.2c to 3.7c.

Just had another heavy hail shower. Looks very black further north. You gettin anything Snowbie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I suspect you are living on low ground if that's the case you'll have to wait till nightfall i'm afraid. An ideal situation would be the shower activity decreasing the evening. We then get an hour or two of frost then a polar low comes in from the North-West meaning significant accumulations of snow in Mayo and Sligo:D

yeah ..I'm living practically at sea level ...but even on the surrounding hills there is no white cap. The air is still significantly above zero, so is the ground and the sun peeping out between showers has quite some power in it already.

The next black wall is moving in like a freight train as I'm typing need to put the light on :D

Advertisement