Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and forecasts.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Where are you peasent???

Snowing again, temps only recovered to 4.4c after the last shower.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Light hail here. We will have to wait for a heavier shower before we see snow I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Danno wrote:
    Where are you peasent???

Just outside Sligo town

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

absolutely nothing here, sunshine and broken cloud all day so far but it is very cold and windy. No sign of any showers near us yet.

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Been sleeting and soft hail here in Dundalk for the last couple of hours on and off. Sun's out now, ground's soaked...anything more solid later on won't have a chance of sticking. This is going to be a non-event in the NE I think...countryfile's forecast has any significant Irish sea activity heading for the mountains of Wales...reckon we're just going to be suffering crappy wind chill for the next few days...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Danno wrote:

It was looking good for a while Danno but the structure of the LP has fallen apart in recent hours although lots of time for it to restructure and still lots of lively weather in that bunch

Meanwhile here we've been missing the showers although early days! It is only 1230 on the Sunday of the cold spell! Remember we weren't really supposed to be seeing snow falling until this evening.

Im watching the occlusion like a hawk to the south of Iceland and will keep all updated ;)

Strange Gonzo. We have our biggest shower so far approaching and id have thought you would be in a better posistion further west. Seems like you have been more unlucky then us so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

0*c in knock with snow, sounds nice!
    http://www.met.ie/latest/reports.asp

• Advertisement

darkman2 wrote:
    Yeah rain here too. Not even sleet.
    Just drove onto croghan mountain 2000ft asl.
    Left here in a heavy wet snow shower but up there it was manic!
    Wind must have been gusting to maybe 60mph.
    Air temp on the jeep was 0c and the snow was blowing good and thick!
    Had to push the door open to get out and my face is pretty purple after the walk!

darkman2 wrote:
    Strange Gonzo. We have our biggest shower so far approaching and id have thought you would be in a better posistion further west. Seems like you have been more unlucky then us so far!

Is it approaching? think its going to sleep too far north but the white anvils are approaching!

BTW enough with the pessimism! Its 1230 on Sunday! The cold spell hasnt even started properly yet..

Gonzo wrote:
    absolutely nothing here, sunshine and broken cloud all day so far but it is very cold and windy. No sign of any showers near us yet.

Gonzo i live about 5 miles from you and dunshaughlin and here did get a couple of heavy snow showers in the morning but since them we just seem to be dodging them though. On the radar there is loads spreading south from ni. almost looks like they are merging:
    http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/radar/index.html

Met Eireanns forcast for Dublin
    Very cold and windy with occasional wintry showers.

Tonight

Bitterly cold and still very windy; snow showers will lead to deposits of 1 to 3 centimetres.

Tomorrow

Very windy and bitterly cold, with further snow showers.

darkman2 wrote:
    Met Eireanns forcast for Dublin

That would at least wind me my various wagers:D

That shower just slipped North Darkman:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Just had a very light shower of sleety rain, if it was heavier it mite have fallen as snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Just back from a drive through Sally Gap, very heavy snow showers but only place snow was settling was in the forest!, shows the power of the sun. There was some snow on the highest peaks though. Will be a proper covering if the showers keep up tonight.

Light hail and snow here at the moment.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Off topic but was shannon forecast to get winds as high as 68mph?
    http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

trogdor wrote:
    Just had another heavy hail shower. Looks very black further north. You gettin anything Snowbie?
    Everything bypassing me to my south Trogdor.Can see lots of activity moving towards s dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Rain/sleet/hail mix shower here in Glasnevin(next to met office). Getting more cloudy/darker

• Advertisement

very dark sky and snowing here again but its another shower that will blow away quickly.

Just had a hail shower, snow mixed in. 3c

No distinct signs of a PL forming yet

Still lots of disturbance up there in relation to the Occlusion and heading southeastwards pretty fast..

I think our first snow shower is approaching Now Snowibe and Darkman! ;)

Most of the showers are disipating before they reach the Dublin area looking at the radar.Seems convection is not working today.Almost every county has an echo over it apart from here.

Temp at 6.1c
    dp -0.6
    hum 62%

It might get robbed from us yet thugh to the south!

Its raining:eek: :o

It got robbed just as it was turning to snow! It moved to the south the sun came out!

There are dark sies to my north, my south and my west but sun here... And just a gap where the wind is coming from ... to the northwest!:rolleyes:

Heavy sleet/snow shower here now WC
    Temp started out at 6.1c now at 4.9c dp has risen to 0.7c

• Advertisement

The showers simply are not heavy enough here with the sun constantly peeping through. It wont be sleet or snow until we lose the sun and get a heavy shower.

Advertisement