Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and forecasts.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

This is beginning to cheese me off:D

Big white clouds to my north a snow shower to my south but nothing but sun here:eek: :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

First snow shower of the day,temp fell to 3.8c but dp stayed above freezing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Snowbie wrote:
    First snow shower of the day,temp fell to 3.8c but dp stayed above freezing.

Good omen for tonight that dewpoints stayed above freezing and you still got snow.

Monster anvil to my north now getting steadily closer. It might clip us. We need to lose the sun though.

Whats our disorganised lp doing to our north.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Just had a shower of light hail here with a bit of sleet mixed in.

darkman2 wrote:
    Good omen for tonight that dewpoints stayed above freezing and you still got snow.
    Yeah it rose in the snow shower which is not unusual but was just the wrong side of 0c at 0.5c to 0.7c but held there with moderate flakes.
    Temp rising again to 4.4c but dp to 1.7c:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Blizzard conditions for the last 10 minutes or so. Not sticking to anything but the temp has fallen from 7.2C to 3.6C and it's still dropping fast:D. I still can't see the end of this shower either all is dark to my north

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

patience grasshopper the fun begins tonight:D

Another 1 slipped about 4 miles to my north:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Just had a live snowman come through the door :D:D:D

Long haired dog, out in the latest shower, completetly covered in icy little sleet balls ...white all over ...until he shook himself :D
    I can now make snowballs in the hall :p:p

Good shower about to arrive:D

darkman2 wrote:
    Good shower about to arrive:D

You think? I think were going to be unlucky again! I know it looks good now but will it actually come over us:eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Wild here with very strong gusts and huge dark clouds to my north west, looks like heavy precip. Gonzo are you seeing any of this?

EDIT: just started heavy sleeting/ turning more to snow, almost stormy now, very very windy

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

wow, its actually snowing along with rain and hail..but yes, there is snow mixed in :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Shower ended a few minutes ago with the temp falling to 3.2C, now back up to 4C. Great view of that massive shower passing out to sea. There seems to be another fairly big one over Dublin atm aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Just had a mad snow/hail shower here. Some left on the ground in corners.

Temp dropped to 1.7c and dewpoint of 0.0

Winds now WSW

A

Wild stormy winds here now in meath. blizzard conditions for a time- horizontal sleet/snow and hail

massive drop in temp during shower- went from 5c to 1c in the space of 5-10mins!

heavy wettish snow shower here now,I'd say it's the one you had artictree or related to it.
    Whats helping here is the wind is coming straight down off the mountains.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

heavy shower for about 10 mins about 20 mins ago in Sandyford. Very sunny now but dark clouds coming from West. Some of the fields on three rock look to have taken a little bit of a covering

Hail/snow here now temp plummeting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭extraice

hail in galway 14.10 short dump that was it

Looks like a bigger shower on the way for the Dublin area. Looks quite organised from my window.

Danno wrote:
    Structure is disorganised still but has a slight circulation to it almost.Still time as WC said earlier to organise itself but is approaching very fast from the north.Maybe a hit on Donegal around tea time.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yeah theres been some dark clouds, had 2 showers of mostly sleet but as soon as they start its over again, showers so far here are very brief and well scattered, barely enuf to wet the ground.

darkman2 wrote:
    Looks like a bigger shower on the way for the Dublin area. Looks quite organised from my window.
    Temps has not recovered either since last shower.Still at 4c

Will probrably still start as hail.

As regards tonight. The showers will definatley be prolonged and more frequent for a while but the only issue is a milder sector of air which will raise DP's. I cant count the number of times in the past that this has spoiled thing. Will be the difference between hail/rain/sleet and snow.

Shower approaching here now, lets hope it has some sustinance(:o )...

• Advertisement

Very dark clouds to my north, this showers been building for a while now lets hope it delivers ;)

Advertisement