Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and forecasts.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Snowing - Newport Co Tippeary.

Its really heavy, Im 10 miles from Limerick City.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Latest radar shows a line of pretty intense snow/sleet about to move into Dublin .

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,911 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

that shower is over me now, its very fine hail gusting in the wind, started off as some heavy sleet, ground is soaking wet now and i have to go out in it, not really a nice day at all

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

The last two showers out here were actually real, fluffy snow and even managed to give the hilltops a white coating. But as soon as cloud cover breaks it's all gone again.

If this continues through the night, I might yet wake up to snow tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Fantastic shower here right now, heavy hail has turned to heavy snow and is beginning to settle, brilliant!!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Unbelievable hail showers now in NCW Co Limerick. I wouldn't like to be out in it!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Heavy small hail/snow shower there! Began to ly for a while!

WOOOOOOO these are good signs folks!:D

And looks like another showers is on her heels

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Mad shower again here. Temp dropped to +1.1. Each shower seems to drop it more.

If this continues into the night, temps should go below freezing and each shower will lead to more and more accumulation!

So, the big Q is, do we have more precip later??!

A

heh-nice to see you cheered up.
    We've had a lot of fast blowing showers through here-mostly a wet snow/hail mix.
    Suns out again now.
    Hopefully a colder airstream with a trough tonight will make things very interesting.

Showers going to pack in now, lines forming and spreading south!

If they continue through the hours of darkness we'll be making snowmen in the morning because the only thing thats stopping sticking now is the sun!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Been belting it down with wet snow in Dundalk now for nearly 15 minutes...very gusty, snow blowing sideways but still melting on impact.
    Reckon the colleys will be white when this one passes...I'll post pics if so...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,503 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Showers going to pack in now, lines forming and spreading south!

If they continue through the hours of darkness we'll be making snowmen in the morning because the only thing thats stopping sticking now is the sun!
    And the fact that the ground is wet?

No?

- Snow has stopped here now....

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

hail is now absolutely thundering down in sandyford.

And the fact that the ground is wet?

No?

- Snow has stopped here now....

Air temperatures tonight will mean liquid on ground will freeze even under cloud;)

rebel72 wrote:
    Unbelievable hail showers now in NCW Co Limerick. I wouldn't like to be out in it!!
    Yeah we got that a while ago, its pretty insane.

No signs of the infamous Polar Low forming probably a long shot now... But nonetheless loads of prolonged pieces of precip up there;)

ukir_sat_200703181500.jpg

Flash Warning Issues by UK Metoffice for Northern Ireland
    Frequent and occasionally heavy snow showers are expected to give accumulations of 5 to 10cm in places, and up to 15cm on high ground, during Sunday evening and night and into Monday morning. The showers will be accompanied by strong winds which will lead to drifting of the snow on higher parts as well as temporary blizzard conditions. The public are advised to take extra care and refer to TrafficWatch (NI) for further advice on road conditions.

Issued at: 1504 Sun 18 Mar

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

My temps are falling lower in each shower but the dp is rising not only in showers but post showers currently temp is 3.9c and dp is 2c and steady.

Air temperatures tonight will mean liquid on ground will freeze even under cloud;)
    Very good!:)

Hope there is a trough tonight, its solar convection causing them to make it over to the east coast today, would normally expect them to start dying back west in the next few hours.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement

Belting down snow here with slight settling on roofs.Temp 3.9c dp 1.9c.
    Temp 3.8c dp 1.1c and falling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Just had an amazing/spectacular shower near dunshaughlin in meath. I was up the fields and the sky was very dark, then there was thunder and then very very heavy hail, the wind meant that it was literally painful to walk so i had to take cover behind trees, you could not see more than a few metres in front when the hail mixed with snow and it was definitely blizzard conditions. it gave a temporary covering of snow on the sides of branches etc (blowing horizontally). sun is out now but there are more heavy showers coming.

Longfield wrote:
    Hope there is a trough tonight, its solar convection causing them to make it over to the east coast today, would normally expect them to start dying back west in the next few hours.
    Its the strong wind that making them get here.A few down south this morning had snow between 8 and 9 this morning.Thats not long enough for convection or ground heating to start building up showers.My first shower was after 12 today when the wind veered NW.Now has a NNW motion

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

snow falling now in Sandyford, have been getting heavy showers every 20 mins or so, interpersed with blinding sun!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Heavy snow blizzard now. Dublin south.

Temp 2.4c and dp 0.3c in a heavy snow shower lasting 10 mins.Stopping now but was heavy to deposit a slight covering.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

single bolt of lightning and then thunder here in trinity college. half an inch of hail on the ground in less thatn a minute. it liiked like a blizzard and now its snowing.wind haevy and its bloody cold and i of course forgot my jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Light snow just starting again. Temp 4.6C dewpoint -0.9. Heavy stuff about to come in from the pitch black north

That Satellite shot is fantastic, hope that lot to the north decides to pay us a visit down here !

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Im not too confident for tonight really. The shower decay will be kicking in soon and as the winds go NNW then its really difficult to get showers this far south. However for other areas it looks like a white out tonight especially in the north and west.

Advertisement