Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and forecasts.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

Temp dropped to 0.1c in last shower. Getting there!!!

A

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Gone very dark here now.........its gonna do something significant! :) I'll report back in a while...

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

yippee, can barely contain my excitement.

Hope everybody has done their snow dance!!!!:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I'll do you guys a deal:

you can have all the snow I'm supposed to have over the next 3 days, ok ...but you have to take the wind as well ...it's beginning to grate :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

A friend up in Portadown, Armagh, Says that it's been snowing heavily for the last 15mins and it's sticking. A sign of things to come?:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

trogdor wrote:
    A friend up in Portadown, Armagh, Says that it's been snowing heavily for the last 15mins and it's sticking. A sign of things to come?:D
    \

In my view its not likely we will see heavy snow showers country wide. I really think we will be lucky to see flurries this far south tbh and you will see what I mean when it gets dark and look at the radar.

Any new developments on the possible PL, WC?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Lots of hail, to the point where it is accumulating on the ground.

Thunder too

Just started snowing, very windy with it (the sort of condition where to catch the snow you need to hold your hand out vertically).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

missloulou wrote:
    yippee, can barely contain my excitement.

Hope everybody has done their snow dance!!!!:D :D

Hehe, glad its arrived there :)

You, myself and Artictree may seem some significant snow in the next hour looking at the radar and with temps already 0.6°C here it wouldn't take much for it all all to freeze and start settling.
    The snow on my car roof from the last shower is barely melting at all.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

ch750536 wrote:
    Lots of hail, to the point where it is accumulating on the ground.

Thunder too

Just started snowing, very windy with it (the sort of condition where to catch the snow you need to hold your hand out vertically).
    What direction does the wind be blowing near you...
    It is currently blowing from west to east (generally) at the moment.
    There is a big blue patch where i can see some magnificent cb clouds in the distance, although there is a very dark cloud starting to arrive..

Edit: Very very heavy shower of hail here now.
    I expect thunder at this rate...

• Advertisement

And here it is, snow falling and settling, not melting much at all, covering on the roofs and my car and the grass, going to be all white in the morning :)

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

snowing again in sandyford. not impressed though, there have been loads of heavy showers with big gaps in between so doesn't look likely it is going to stick..

copacetic wrote:
    snowing again in sandyford. not impressed though, there have been loads of heavy showers with big gaps in between so doesn't look likely it is going to stick..

I wouldn't worry copacetic, its only started settling here after sunset, I'd guess in another couple of hours max, you will see settling snow there too.

darkman2 wrote:
    \

In my view its not likely we will see heavy snow showers country wide. I really think we will be lucky to see flurries this far south tbh and you will see what I mean when it gets dark and look at the radar.
    What about the occluded front:confused:

Blizzard here now. +0.5. Hoping to go below 0 soon. No problem for settling then. Not often we have snow with temps below freezing.

Although, its at that time now that clear skies mean lower temps and clouds mean higher temps. Lets see what happens...

A

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

trogdor wrote:
    What about the occluded front:confused:

Its on it ways don't worry:D

There will be a good slot of dry weather for the next 3/4 hours maybe with just a few scattered showers around these parts.

But the arctic trough and stuff up to the NW of Scotland will start pushing south towards midnight ;)

arctictree wrote:
    Blizzard here now. +0.5. Hoping to go below 0 soon. No problem for settling then. Not often we have snow with temps below freezing.

Although, its at that time now that clear skies mean lower temps and clouds mean higher temps. Lets see what happens...

A

Its a strange shower, my outside temperature rose when it came and I couldnt understand why it was rising (my windows are steamed up inside as am cooking).
    So peeked outside the front door to a wintry scene, temp falling now slowly.

I'm going to be late to work tomorrow if this keeps up, wish it was last month and wouldn't have to go in at all due to lack of March sunshine strength :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Gone very dark here now.........its gonna do something significant! :) I'll report back in a while...

.........nothing!!! A few seconds of rain!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Temp now down to 0.0°C , and snow still falling, third settling snow event of the winter, best paddies weekend ever!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭missloulou

Its coming down fairly heavy now, just been out and I can't feel my face, I wish I had a decent thermometer

Shower coming will report back.

Stopped snowing now. Temp -0.3

Will be an interesting night ahead.

Stove is on (nice and warm inside). Logs piled up. Crap on the telly. Snow outside. Pity its not XMas!!

A

• Registered Users Posts: 16,854 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Showers are breaking up now also the wind has died down. Hopefully, this means a polar low or a trough is coming later on:D

arctictree wrote:
    Stopped snowing now. Temp -0.3

Will be an interesting night ahead.

Stove is on (nice and warm inside). Logs piled up. Crap on the telly. Snow outside. Pity its not XMas!!

A

Hehe, nice description.
    Hope thats not the last of the night, anything that falls now will settle for sure, roads going to be lethal with the wind fast freezing the standing water.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

Its been snowing quite heavily on and off here in Ardee, Co Louth. Just looking outside now, the snow is falling gently but it is starting to stick on the ground \o/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Snowing here and attempting to stick!

Proper flakey snow!:D :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

0.8c here. Hills are snowcapped above 200m. Snowing gently.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Kilkenny City outskirts (East)

No snow here yet, well not recently. The hail that had accumulated in the corners and against walls has melted. Sky looks reasonably clear not many heavy clouds about, but the temperature is falling, must be just above freezing now.
    Fingers crossed.

• Advertisement

That was a nice snow shower. Snow on the car and some roofs. Not bad for this early in the night!

Advertisement