Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV dns issues again?

Options
  • 18-03-2007 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭

Anyone having UTV DSL issues this weekend? Seems to be DNS issues again. I can only visit sites using IP anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Try:
    and/or 208.67.220.220

for DNS (Provided by OpenDNS)

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

ye was down last night for me mate..but its back again now.. :D

dont know why they dont get it sorted :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭leex

Happening too often.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭dil999

I been using opendns for a year now on UTV. the UTV DNS going down has no effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

No probs here

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 MetL

Just switched to OpenDNS myself, and it appears to have fixed my problems with Google news, Microsoft Update and Wii shopping channel!

On UTV DNS I was getting some sites failing, others OK, all slow to resolve. I've noticed this problem since I got UTVIP about 2 years ago. I even changed DNS servers within UTV's network a couple of times and it has helped, but never a perfect solution.

OpenDNS is new to me, their FAQ entry on "How does OpenDNS make money?" is very interesting. I hope the business model works and they stick around because it seems the system works very well.

Advertisement