Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weird...

• 18-03-2007 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

Sometimes when im close to falling asleep i just suddenly feel like i fall through my bed for like a sec and im back on the bed =s. has this happened to anyone. Did that make sense xD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭conformist

Has your bed got a hole in it? Maybe one with a spring at the bottom or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Jonakin

No it happens on all kind of happens its probably my mind playing tricks..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I have got that a few times, its very strange alright. Its like you fall through your bed, re-appear just a few feet above your bed and fall into it, sometimes with a jolt like those falling dreams.:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Happened me a few times. Its a great feeling afterwards.
    Strange cos your heart does be racing afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

I think this is caused by your heart rate slowing very quickly,

It happens to me regularly, Sometimes just before I fall asleep I hear very loud noises in my head. sometimes screams or noises like doors slamming which can be quite startling

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Sometimes just before I fall asleep I hear very loud noises in my head. sometimes screams or noises like doors slamming which can be quite startling
    Yeah! :eek:
    I've had really insanely loud noises... the way I'd describe it is - what it must sound like to shoot myself in the head at point blank range... overwhelming for just a split second.
    Crazy stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,125 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

Jonakin wrote:
    Sometimes when im close to falling asleep i just suddenly feel like i fall through my bed for like a sec and im back on the bed =s. has this happened to anyone. Did that make sense xD
    This is called hypnagogic jerk and most people experience them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

Yeah it's quite normal, nothing to worry about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭olaola

Yeah - happens to me too a good bit.
    I also get this weird semi-dream (just as I'm falling asleep)
    that my hands are REALLY big and I'm picking up normal sized items
    and they are tiny in my hands.
    It is hard to explain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭Duff

Holy crap!! That happens me!! I just put it down to me going insane!! im not alone!! yes!!..I get that every so often, feels like my arms and hands are huge and I always seem to pick up a 2 euro coin which in my semi-dream is about the size of a 1c coin!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭girloperfection

:confused: i read that when asleep your heart rate sometime slows down so much dat your brain makes you kind of jump in your sleep to make your heart beat fast again. duno if this is what happened to you, maybe i am wrong

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

it's a common enough part of night terrors I think.. I tend to get it when I'm very tired, lasts for a couple of hours and it always freaks me out, even though I nknow what it is.
    always have to fight this feeling that if I fall asleep while I'm sinking, I won't bre able to wake back up.. haven't been able to make myself do it yet, but it hasn't happened in a good while either.

Advertisement