Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog The Bounty Hunter

• 18-03-2007 11:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭

good programe on bravo now about the way dog was aressted in mexico for capturing a rapist. and the way he is wanted for extradition to mexico and how its affected him. worth the watch

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DermoMIO

nice find thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭ambman

no prob. never even knew that happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

Sorry I missed that I like braw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭Reptileboy

Hey, I'm not entirely a believer in online petitions but if can help in any way from keeping The Dog out of some stinking Mexican jail then I'm for it. So if you feel like adding you name to the petition click here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Jocksy

The guys is a scumbag muderering felon and a hypocrite. He skips bail himself and comes up with the usual excuses for it while at the same time he is off bounty hunting other bail jumpers. Hope he gets a few years in Mexico which is looking likely.

• Advertisement

Jocksy wrote:
    The guys is a scumbag muderering felon and a hypocrite. He skips bail himself and comes up with the usual excuses for it while at the same time he is off bounty hunting other bail jumpers. Hope he gets a few years in Mexico which is looking likely.

Question, how did Dog skip bail. He was arrested while apprehending a wanted fugitive in Mexico. He was released without charge at the time. The person he was hunting was handed over to the American police and sent to trial where he was sent down for 124 years.

Then, while at his home in Hawaii 3 years later, Mexican authorites called for his extradition to face charges of kidnapping. 3 year for godsake! He never jumped bail. In fact he is on continuing bail right now in his home state of Hawaii where he is required to remain to and wear electronic monitoring device.

The only reason they are going after him is because he was able to go to Mexico, track down a wanted criminal who had been hiding in their country, find him and return him for trial. If the Mexican police are that incompetent, fine, but don't try taking the high ground while your county is a hiding ground for murders and rapists.

Question, how did Dog skip bail.
    Glad you asked. From wikipedia after his arrest for kidnapping and unlawful detainment.

'On July 3, 2003, they were officially declared fugitives by a spokesman for the Mexican Government, after failing to report to the Mexican courts as ordered.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duane_Chapman

So you are wrong.

Jocksy wrote:
    Glad you asked. From wikipedia after his arrest for kidnapping and unlawful detainment.

'On July 3, 2003, they were officially declared fugitives by a spokesman for the Mexican Government, after failing to report to the Mexican courts as ordered.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duane_Chapman

So you are wrong.

Yeah, hands up guess I was wrong.:mad: Should use wikipedia more often when checking for facts. Came across the information on a Dog website with a timeline of events that claimed he was "told" he would be charged with kidnapping. Dammit.

But I still stand by my belief that his extradition is unwarranted. Why did the Mexican authorites way 3 years before going after him. And in the meantime its all been a PR disaster for Mexico and only strained relations future between the US and Mexico. All over a guy who apprehended a wanted fugitive and refused to hand him over to the Mexican police who should have been looking for him in the first place.

But, yeah I totally fluffed that one.

Its fairly simple. Bounty hunting is illegal in Mexico (as it is in Ireland). Regardless of the morals involved Dog went into another country and broke the law there which is considered a felony offence.

It just seems such a grey area. I mean, bounty hunting is pretty vague in the US despite all their laws and protections. And I'm certain that it has happened many times before with Bounty Hunters crossing borders.

But I still feel that the merits of the case demonstrate that the Mexican police had little or no interest in finding the guy and when Dog embarrassed them they dropped all this crap on him. As I understand it, most guys done for attempting a hunt cross border tend to get their asses deported. Kinda strange they're trying to do it the other way. If they had any sense they would have deported him straight away, banned his ass, and swept it under the rug. Now the whole thing is a international incident. It just really bizarre, and whether you with agree with it or not, I still feel he does not deserve to be sent back to languish in a Mexican prison for putting a murdering rapist back behind bars. It really benefits nobody for Dog and his crew to be extradited.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Nick_Object

It's all gonna blow over.. it's the DOG FOR FCUKSAKE!!!

After a while he'll be having a cigarette with all the mexican judges outside the courtroom and talking about the man above

Dog is kinda the poster american hero. He's a reformed criminal who does a nasty job and believes he can actually help the people he captures by turning them to the path of justice.

I'm not saying I'm all for his methods, but given that legally all he can carry around is a can of bear mace for protection. It does take a certain type of balls to do that.

And you know, if he can be a positive role model to people and show them the reality of the criminal justice system in America, then that has to be good.

He's certainly a colourful guy. Something like 4 marriages and 12 kids. Kinda makes the hazards of being a bounty hunter seem less bad.

Advertisement