Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

crew cab conversion

Options
  • 18-03-2007 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all I want to convert a peugeot expert to a crew cab (second row of seats)but cant get info anywhere.A new one costs about 10 grand extra for the crew cab version .It must be cheaper than that to do it yourself?has anyone any info on companys who do conversions,or where I could buy the parts to do it myself and probably most important would it be legal! hope someone out there can help thanks John....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭georgie59

As far as I know if you do this you have to pay extra VRT. then the log book (or what ever its called now would be for a crew cab).
    After doing a conversion you have to take it to the customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

John I work in a garage that does DOE's and the current requirements to get a doe on a crewcab are as follows:

Seats must be fixed properly to the floor of the van

Seats must be fitted with 3 point seatbelts and be very secure, they usually come as part of the seats.

There must be a fixed solid partition behind the seats.. Usually just the bulkhead in the van moved back.

It must have "crewcab" on the taxbook this is where the VRT comes in to get this changed I presume you have to pay the extra amount but as I've never changed one I dont know what the charge is your local tax office should be able to help you on that. These are only guidelines as to what we look for in the doe.. there may be more requirements

Advertisement