Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TK MAX in cork

Options
  • 19-03-2007 12:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

has anyone heard about TK MAX coming to cork, i over heard my mom mention it the other day but she wasnt to sure, she said it suppose to go down by the coal k. i was only ever in TK MAX in dublin it seemed like a big charity shop....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

They are supposed to be opening one in the city and one in the suburbs (probably (and most likely) mahon point retial park or the new little island retail place)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 chazza_2007ie

ah thats cool thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

has anyone heard about TK MAX coming to cork, i over heard my mom mention it the other day but she wasnt to sure, she said it suppose to go down by the coal k. i was only ever in TK MAX in dublin it seemed like a big charity shop....

is that rumour still knocking about, first it was meant to be going to Blackpool then ballincollig, carrigaline, wilton, douglas, miliditon, and then mahon point....and its still hanging on to mahon point.
    well is suppose no big new shopping centers have opened recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

its going in on cornmarket street where the bodega is now, some other pub will be running bodega for a while then it changes to a tk max

thanks for replying :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

The last I'd heard, Owen O'Callaghan had bought the Bodega, and was looking to develop into a Hotel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

i thought it was going into the new building being constructed across the road from where the bodega is now. i also heard its still open but when i stroll past most days its always closed does anyone know of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭blow69

Oh God! Just what we need.Another Penneys-esque clothes shop with hundreds of chavs,mothers with 40 children running around for bargains.The D4heads call TK Maxx 'the toilet'(hilarious) BTW i'm not dissing people who shop in penneys.I just find the huge annoying crowds...well.....annoying!

blow69 wrote:
    Oh God! Just what we need.Another Penneys-esque clothes shop with hundreds of chavs,mothers with 40 children running around for bargains.The D4heads call TK Maxx 'the toilet'(hilarious) BTW i'm not dissing people who shop in penneys.I just find the huge annoying crowds...well.....annoying!

lol just had to laugh at that

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭spidermonkey

my buddy is a manager in some clothes store in cork, he said it was definatly coming, maybe hes got insider knowledge or something, but he's certain of it, think i remember him mentioning something about mahon point.
    it doesn't really make sense that theres one in tralee and not in cork.

• Advertisement

im not really lookin for it, been to the one in dublin n in belfast. i just think its another shop like pennys lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭Rozie

I kind of fear that ultimately TK Maxx will have people looking/dressing even more boring than they already were. It's depressing.

But they always have awesome random stuff like Red Dwarf miniatures in the Toy section.

I'm so divided :/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

TK Maxx is horrible; wishing for one to come to Cork is like wishing for Herpes.

Advertisement