Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IwW Supershow in Donnycarney

• 19-03-2007 12:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭

I assume it was more than just myself from the board at it, so what did everyone think of it?

Well, I really enjoyed the show!

Bam Katrazz vs Nigel McGuinness was an ok match, nothin near as good as Nigel's ROH efforts though, as you could probably guess. I was surprised to see Bam being a little sloppy with a few things, considering he's been wrestling for over 2 years I think. All the same, at least I can say I've slapped Nige's hand!

Great to see Colt too. It was another ok match, but it was probably the worst I've seen Bruiser do. I don't want to be sounding too critical, but it seemed like he was almost trying too hard if anything. He was funny when I've seen him in the past, just didn't work for me tonight though! Cabana did his comedy routine, cool to see it in person

Mandrake vs Wayne Daly was next. I hadn't seen Mandrake before, and he impressed me. Am I right in thinking that his opponent had been scheduled to be some European guy? Wayne Daly looks shorter in the photos of him. Crowd didn't seem as into this one, which I'd assume was because neither guy was a big-name guy. I felt sorry for the ref after he made the 3-count by mistake! I'd like to see Mandrake wrestle again though, he's one of the few Irish guys who actually has the wrestling look going for him

The 4 way match was next, and while I enjoyed it, there really wasn't much in the way of a story. Wasn't as good as the 4 way from 2 years ago. One thing that just made no sense to me was why El Ligero and Bubblegum continued to brawl in the exact same place when they were hit by three top-rope moves by Vinny and Bingo! It just made them look thick for staying there, punching each other, when Bingo was about to hit the third move. But maybe that's just me and my liking for logic, the crowd enjoyed it at the time

After the intermission we had Cabana and Mad Man Manson vs Ballymun Bruiser and..his mate. I didn't catch his name. One of the first things he did was land on some girl near me who started crying. I was upset myself, as it meant that Keego is now not the only wrestler who I've seen make a kid cry (Keego did it better though, spitting a load of water in the kid's face!). Nice to see Cabana brawl for a bit too after his comedy match earlier. Some hard hits in this match, you only had to look at Bruiser's mate's chest to see! And then there was the thumbtacks of course. I was on the opposite side of the ring, and the "holy ****" chants didn't seem to be too strong, so we started thinkin maybe Manson was legit hurt. He didn't seem to be when he eventually made it back into the ring, but those tacks have got to hurt

Main event was Christopher Daniels vs Vic Viper. It was the best match of the night for me, and the best Viper match I've seen. Before the match I wouldn't even consider Daniels winning the belt, but somewhere during it I realised that I thought the exact same thing when D'Lo challenged for it and won, so I started doubting myself. And that got me really into the match! I was really enjoying it by the end, the BME was finally hit after all our chants for it, but it was Viper who won

I have to say that I was disappointed about Corino not making it. I read about it last night, I would've been pissed if I'd only found out today! I was really looking forward to seeing Corino though, hopefully he can make a trip here before he retires

I had a short chat with Colt and Daniels before the event, they were sitting at their table with no one else around. Chris was cool, Colt seemed a bit apprehensive or something though. Maybe I'm just a dodgy lookin bastard. Only XXL Colt shirts left! Unfortunate. I told him I'd seen the shoot interview with him and Punk that he had in front of him, I mentioned Beads'R'Us (anyone who's seen it will know), that got a laugh out of him

Nigel was nowhere to be seen at intermission, I'd have bought one of his McGuinness shirts if he still had any left. I left soon after the show, didn't see him before I left. But I did get an "alright!" out of him when he walked by me and my mates before the show and we were surrounded by kids who didn't have a clue who he was. One kid had a big Kid Kash poster, my mate really built up how good Kash would be for the poor kid, while he knew full well that Kash wasn't at the show. I had to laugh

All in all, good night out. Nice one on the "random crowd chant" too, that was gas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Sounds pretty decent. I didn't know about Corino pulling out though, that sucks. What was his reason? I thought his sis, Alison Danger was meant to be there too?
    Its pretty cool you got to see both sides of Cabana, he's an awesome brawler too. Fair play on the Beads'r'us comment too!
    What kind of condition was Nigel in? He ****ed up his hamstring against Joe in Liverpool, and could barely walk the night after.
    It a pity Daniels didn't win, it would be nice to have him around more often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Corino was meant to be in Germany on Paddy's day, but apparently he didn't make it there in the first place, there were bad snowstorms around the Pennsylvania area and all flights were cancelled. I've seen some reports of it, certainly looks bad, they had to reduce the speed limit in the state and all. So I can't really blame Corino, but hopefully he can still make the trip this year

I think Allison was meant to be at shows during the week, not the supershow though. I didn't see her in the Tallaght results though, so maybe she never made it out either

Nigel had his hamstring taped up alright. He didn't overexert himself too much, the guy behind me or beside me or somewhere was saying that the two of them seemed to be jogging around more than running. He wasn't limping or anything like that though

Daniels was on the mic near the start of the show and again at the end, he was saying how much he likes performing in Ireland and that he'd love to come back again (which I'm sure he says wherever he is, but still). He also said something about how Irish people are some of the toughest people in the world with what we've been through, which was kinda funny as I'd just been sayin to my mate that one of the Americans might bring up "the Irish war" that apparently we've been living in. Have to say though, the crowd was really into it, maybe the loudest crowd I've seen at an IWW show

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Just to clarify, Alison Danger was never scheduled to appear at IwW SuperShow Sunday as she had bookings elsewhere. She was scheduled to, and did, appear on last week's pre-SuperShow tour of Waterford, Rathdowney and Portarlington though.

Both Corino's and Kash's absences were completely out of our control and due to transportation issues, which couldn't be helped. We announced both as soon as we knew though so hope none of our fans were misled into believing that they would appear. We also offered refunds to anyone who didn't wish to see the show after their pullouts, however nobody availed of this offer.

Big thanks to the 400+ people who showed up for the show and Meet & Greet last night. Hope everyone enjoyed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Yeah enjoyed the show I doubt many people asked for refunds when Corino was forced to pull out dissapointed not to see him ogf course but that did not affect the show for me anyway!

Nigel and bam was solid colt and the bruiser was ****e to be honest did not think much of it the four way was exciting some great moves were done in the match and enjoyed it didnt think much of Mandrake and Wayne Daly nothing much happened there and no crowd heat whatsoever for it. Tag match was a laugh if nothing else again wouldnt have been my cup of tea but a good effort nonetheless and the main event it was definitely Vipers best match to date IN iww and I hope Daniels does come back to IWW sooner rather than later but at least I will see him and Colt again
    in 11 days for All Star Extravaganza 3 cant wait!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 cenas boy

sounds like a great show.is it going to be released on dvd?could i buy it online?with that line up i will.i love manson so a hardcore match would be sweet.saw him in rqw a few times and he is great :):):)

pity about corino but no one can control the weather

that show will really make iww a big name in europe.ive heard so many people talking about them and i live across in the uk

• Advertisement

I'm sure that I read somewhere that they did record it for dvd. They have for all their big shows before, so I'm certain they did this time. They had the cameras set up anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 cenas boy

i'm so mad missed daniels.id kiss that guy if he'd let me but that just might be gay.could i buy it on the web site?

I just read on their website that they'll be releasing it in the next few months, and it will be available there, www.irishwhipwrestling.com

Advertisement