Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice About Getting Tounge Pierced!

Options
  • 19-03-2007 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

Hey peeps...just wondering about getting tounge pierced...im 16 and my friend got her tounge pierced in miss fantasias..have been thinking about weither i should or i shouldnt! could any1 give me advice?..or their own experiences? And how easy is it to get infections and some other worrying stuff like that! lol!:D thanks xxxx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

With all due respect, I would be suspicious of any piercer willing to pierce the tongue of someone who is underage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

yeah some places wont do it unless youre 18 even with parents permission

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Quite frankly I wouldn't trust somewhere that allows you to get pierced under 18, with or without parents permission, but it's an easy enough piercing to look after, no sugary food for 2 weeks, your piercer should give you a full set of guidlines and talk you through everything beforehand, if they don't you're not in a good place imo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Snakebite'll do it at sixteen with parental consent methinks, so it's not that anywhere that'll do it under 18 are bad, just go somewhere good and follow their procedure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 DR.Pepper

hmmm gotta rethink then...appaerently my firend went in2 them nd they needed her parents consent and she rang and he let her after her mom gave her consent! thats what she said anyways:confused: lol! well thanks alot keep posting plz just 2tell me your experiences either good or bad thanks!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

Well that's typical of Miss Fantasia's isn't it?
    They really remind me of the georges arcade.

I think Celestial Ring in the green may do it at 16. Can't be sure, I was 16 when I got mine done years back.

Three years ago? God I'm old....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I got mine done in Snakebite, i'm 17 and needed a parent with me, no worries there. Just be prepared to starve for the first few days ;) Avoid everything they tell you for a few a week or so, you should be fine for chewing by then but always clean out your mouth afterwards just to be sure.

Well thats how it was for me, everyone is different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 DR.Pepper

Hey pyr0 can you tell me where snakebite is? thanks a mill! xxx:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Its on Abbey Street? you don't really see it cuz its upstairs, got mine done there too and wouldn't go anywhere else, getting some more done there too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Glen will do some types of piercing at age 16 with parental permission.

TBH, I think he should stop even allowing that since there's been bad-mouthing claiming he doesn't check permission or will do younger than that (which in turn leads to young brats turning up asking him to pierce).

Tongue piercings are relatively unlikely to get infections (because the flesh there heals relatively quickly) but it can happen with any piercing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ms. Ka

got mine done in Snakebite about 5 years ago now, no problems with it. I would go there to get any piercing done as they're very professional and friendly. Prepared to feel misrable for a few days though!

Advertisement