Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing showerforce 3bar pump from B&Q

Options
  • 19-03-2007 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Guys,
    I'm installing a 3bar Showerforce pump from B&Qbut I have a problem.
    Almost identical to this one:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/images/B000EBGHKM/ref=dp_image_0/203-5274975-5368728?ie=UTF8&n=11052681&s=kitchen

My water piping in the house is 3/4"
    The pump appears to be 3/4" flexible piping. However, it is approx 1mm wider than 3/4". The ends of the flexible pipes have solid metal tubes. They fit perfectly into the pump inlets but they just won't fit into the joint connecters to join to Qualpex (standard push in connectors from B&Q)

Any ideas? Do I need a special connecter to go from the shower pipes to Qualpex?
    When I push the Qualpex directly into the push in inlets on the pump, the appear to catch, but slightly looser than the flexi pipes. Not sure if it is making a seal though.

(I've done all of the other plumbing in the bathtoom (New Basin, toilet, shower tower installation etc)
    Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

I've been on to B&Q and told that I need a 22mm to 3/4" reducer. They sell the pump but don't stock the reducer.

Any anyone idea where I might get them?

Advertisement