Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FA Cup Quarter Finals Replays

• 19-03-2007 1:24pm
    Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Man Utd V Middlesbrough Live on SS1 k/o 8.00pm

Man Utd: (from) Kuszczak, Heaton, Brown, Ferdinand, Vidic, Cathcart, Heinze, Evra, Park, Carrick, O'Shea, Ronaldo, Giggs, Richardson, Smith, Rooney, Dong.

Middlesbrough: (from) Schwarzer, Jones, Parnaby, Davies, Xavier, Woodgate, Pogatetz, Riggott, Taylor, Boateng, Cattermole, Arca, Downing, Morrison, Euell, Johnson, Rochemback, Viduka, Yakubu, Lee.

Spurs V Chelsea Live on BBC1 k/o 8.05pm

Dimitar Berbatov, Robbie Keane and Aaron Lennon are expected to return to Spurs' starting line-up.

Chelsea (from): Cech, Cudicini, Hilario, Ferreira, Geremi, Diarra, Carvalho, Essien, Terry, Bridge, A Cole, Lampard, Makelele, Ballack, Drogba, Shevchenko, Kalou, Wright-Phillips, Boulahrouz, Mikel.

I am going to go with 2 HOME wins tonight

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Annoyed they are on the same night at the same time, the Spurs Chelsea match woulda been great to watch. BBC went with the better game, rather than the United game :/ Rare stuff really.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

They had no real choice with regards to playing them on the same day, due to the 5 day rule before International matches.
    I am sure the reason the BBC picked the Spurs v Chelsea game was because they showed The 'Boro v Man U game last weekend.

In saying that though, it would be hard to imagine that game been as good as the 3-3 draw last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

PHB wrote:
    Annoyed they are on the same night at the same time, the Spurs Chelsea match woulda been great to watch. BBC went with the better game, rather than the United game :/ Rare stuff really.
    yeah,a bit of channel hoping will be done tonight.

utd to win,
    spurs game to go to penos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

More footie on the box???????? :eek: I'm gamed out and I don't even have Sky.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

mike65 wrote:
    More footie on the box???????? :eek: I'm gamed out and I don't even have Sky.

Mike.

Boo-urns to you.

Are you a woman mike? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Man Utd V Middlesbrough - Home
    Spurs V Chelsea - Away

Stekelly by way of mitigation I would point you to live FA Cup matches last weekend followed by two live UEFA Cup maches on ITV mid-week not to mention Setanta on Saturday plus the draining last day of the Six Nations plus listening to the Cricket World Cup.

I'm pooped! :p

Oh yeah Man Utd and Chelsea to go through (boooooooooo!)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Aquos76 wrote:
    I am sure the reason the BBC picked the Spurs v Chelsea game was because they showed The 'Boro v Man U game last weekend.

They also showed the Spurs game!

Hope Spurs can win and think they've a great chance but I'm worried this best chance may be gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Is the Utd match definitely on TV? I can't find it on entertainment.ie or Aertel :confused:

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

It's on Sky Sports 1 Dave.

United to win 3-1, and Chelsea to win 2-0.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

it's on Sky Sports 1
    Digiguide wrote:
    SPORT: FA Cup Football
    On: Sky Sports 1
    Date: Monday 19th March 2007 (starting in 5 hours and 22 minutes)
    Time: 19:30 to 22:45 (3 hours and 15 minutes long)

FA Cup Rnd 6 Replay Manchester United V Middlesbrough (e).
    A round 6 replay.
    (Widescreen, Live, Subtitles)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=53031

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,846 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Man Utd vs Boro - Home
    Spurs vs Chelsea - Home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Is the chelsea v Spurs match definitely on BBC1? I remember seeing ads for this match on Bbc at some stage but its not listed on the rte website as being shown? :confused:

yes it is definately on
    Digiguide wrote:
    SPORT: Match of The Day Live
    On: BBC 1 London
    Date: Monday 19th March 2007 (starting in 4 hours and 8 minutes)
    Time: 20:00 to 22:00 (2 hours long)

Tottenham v Chelsea.
    Gary Lineker presents live FA Cup quarter-final replay coverage from White Hart Lane. Spurs and Chelsea must finish what they started at Stamford Bridge last week, which could mean extra time and penalties.
    (Widescreen, Subtitles)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=53031

Copyright (c) GipsyMedia Limited.

and you are right. RTÉ dont have it listed at all on the Aertel :(
    but it is on the BBC website. see here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

2 home wins.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Thats a cracker from Shevchenko.

Shevchenko with a cracker,chelsea 1 up

2-0 now,W phillips

peno for utd

and scored,1-0

spurs back in it,1-2,keane

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭GetOffMyPatch

Rooney is god-awful again
    What is goin on
    Can understand it and cant understand that no one in the UK is commenting on it

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Any-one know where the semi's will be held ? Please say OT and Villa park.

Usually is those two.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I wonder if the Emirates could host the utd-watford semi? (old trafford the other).

No no, I don't want to travel to London.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

astrofool wrote:
    I wonder if the Emirates could host the utd-watford semi? (old trafford the other).

With Birmingham being closer to Manchester I doubt it. The United fans would have a huge journey with Watford fans having it easy.

Aye, but my worry is the same can be said for Chelsea traveling to Manchester whilst Blackburn having it easy.

astrofool wrote:

Couldn't see the point in bringing Man U down to london in the semi's, Villa park will almost certainly hold that one with Old Trafford likely been the venue for the Chelsea v Blackburn game

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

What a load of whinging twats Middlesborough are, stone wall penalty is given against them and all you hear is cries of "cheat" from the bench. Southgate wouldn't even admit that he was in the wrong, and he wouldn't even admit that Morrison's lunge at Ronaldo was extremely dangerous and could have broken his leg.

I have lost alot of respect for Middlesborough this year, and I for one now hope that they go down.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

There might be truth in that but you also have to admit that Rooney should have been given a 2nd yellow for this carry on at the end of the game.

yeah Rooney should have got the line with a second yellow card. Reminded me of Arsenal a little. No need to get involved like he did

Am I right it saying that if Rooney had of gotten the Red card, therefor he would have been suspended for the upcoming internationals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

afaik red cards don't carry over to internationals.
    That said, I don't think the ref thinks like that.

Rooney could easily have went and I was very disappointed by his actions, but then again, when that lunge went in on Ronaldo, I could easily see where Rooney was coming from. There was a need for him to get involved, as a Boro player just literally tried to break Ronaldo's leg.

You know what I love most about last night? After all boro's talk, after all the crap they spewed, when Ronaldo won the penalty because they fouled him, and when he put the ball into the back of the net, when he was on his way back to the kickoff, he looked over at Southgate, and did the 'shut up' hand movement. Priceless.

Ronaldo MOM again, which means he must have about 10 of them. As one of the papers said, if this is how Ronaldo intends to conduct his transfer negotiations, then United may as well just take out the chequebook and give him whatever he wants.

Can see 130k a week, with, and this would be nuts, 25% image rights.

Yakubu said somethin smart to Ronaldo right before he took the kick, any lip readers here spot what it was??

Aquos76 wrote:
    Am I right it saying that if Rooney had of gotten the Red card, therefor he would have been suspended for the upcoming internationals

good point. i believe the FA have dropped players in the past due to suspensions at club level

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭stooge

Mossy Monk wrote:
    good point. i believe the FA have dropped players in the past due to suspensions at club level

The FA had a special liking for Alan Shearer in this regard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss_7WGYa9nQ

If he had been suspended for this he would have missed vital international matches. Needless to say the FA had a midweek meeting with shearer, cleared him of it and let him out through the back door of the FA HQ to avoid any media.

Its happened quite a bit too, certain players getting their reds rescinded the week before an international match.

stooge wrote:
    Alan Shearer

dirty f**kin b*****d

Trilla wrote:
    Yakubu said somethin smart to Ronaldo right before he took the kick, any lip readers here spot what it was??

Yeah never copped that at the time, but you are spot on. Scroll to 1.09

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrPtLzD8334

And heres the sending off again,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKTl3Kf8yzM

From the BBC
    FA Cup semi-final venues unveiled
    Old Trafford and Villa Park have been confirmed as the venues for this season's FA Cup semi-finals.

The tie between Watford and Man Utd, to be screened live on the BBC, will be played at Aston Villa's stadium on Saturday 14 April at 1730 BST.

In the second semi-final, Blackburn will face Chelsea on the following day at Manchester United's home, with the match kicking off at 1600 BST.

Advertisement