Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crap MS Customer Service

• 19-03-2007 1:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

So my launch system has died. I rang up MS and got some arrogant git on the other end who wouldn't put me on to management. He wanted my credit card details for the 140 euro repair. I kept asking him to put me onto management, so then he puts me on hold for ten minutes only to say that management was very busy and would call me back in 3-5 days!!

I thought they would value my custom more than that. Now im thinking of doing something I thought Id never do, sell all my 360 games and get a ps3.

Has anyone else been in contact with MS about a dead 360, and what response did they get?

Eoin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

eoin2nc wrote:
    Has anyone else been in contact with MS about a dead 360, and what response did they get?

my launch 360 got the 3 rings of death at around 14 months and i got the same from ms support as you , looking for credit card details for the repair fee.

i decided not to pay to get it repaired and sold on most of my 360 stuff , in the end i took the broken 360 back to the shop i bought it from and had a chat with the manager and i got a new 360 and now i just don't buy as many games for it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Dude, from working in a number of help / call centres over the years, I can tell you that its common practise to avoid putting every customer who requests it through to management. Its just not possible, because, for the most part, they are extremely busy managing things. Its to be expected, and is certainly not limited to MS. If you're sufficiently irate on the phone you more than likely will get an escalation call back if they said you would. It may not be an actual manager though - more likely a senior team member or probably even someone authorised to "act" as a manager.

Advertisement