Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mitsubishi Mirage.. Head Gasket

Options
  • 19-03-2007 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭

I bought an old Mitsubishi Mirage a couple of months ago.. wasn't running at the time but it was just for fiddling with. It had been lying up for a while so it needed a new set of plugs and ht leads and a jump start to get it going. Gave it a full service and it seemed to be running ok until today. I hadn't started it in about 3 weeks so i went down today, dipped the oil before i started and the oil literally ran off the dipstick, nearly pure water. I started it anyway and after a few mins i opened the oil filler cap and it was getting all gungey..

So what i'm asking is would the head gasket be a step too far for the novice tinkerer? Would i be as well to send it to car heaven?

It's a 92 mirage hatch.. not too bad shape and not a whole lot of miles on the clock

Advertisement