Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First build?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

don't buy storage unless you actually need it. if you can see yourself surviving on 650gb instead of 1tb for another year or 2 then buy the raptor, get more storage later on. You could also get the 750GB Seagate. that is quite a fast drive but not as fast as the raptor 150gb

and don't bother paying money for vista either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

What are you going to be using the pc for?

Looks great anyway!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

suggest you buy a card reader no need for a floppy drive unless you need it to flash a bios.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 spaceballs

Good call on the card reader, I think I might try one of these:
    Akasa 5 1/4" All in one fan control, w/card reader, anyone have one?

I'll stick with the floppy drive too though, they're fairly inexpensive and I'll probably be using the PC for work every now and again and for some reason some clients still insist on using floppy discs.

I thought about going for the 750GB Seagate but with the two western digitals only costing an extra €25 and giving an extra 250GB seems like better value.

The PC will be used for a bit of everything really, work, which will involve running a number of accounting related packages at once, some of which which have very large data bases. Using all the usual office related packages. Storage and managing large media collections, gaming of course and some other smaller things. I want to make sure that it's at a good enough level that I won't need to change much in it for a few years too, other then possibly adding a good sound card and maybe a better graphics card eventually.

Thanks for your replies so far, let me know if there's anything else you think I'm overlooking.

Advertisement