Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kings of Europe Cup 2007

• 19-03-2007 3:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

This is a pretty sweet looking tournament on in Liverpool in a few weeks, April 28th and 29th. The 16 biggest independent companies in the world are each sending one representative. The line up so far is really good.

TNA - Rhyno
    ROH - Nigel McGuinness
    NOAH -
    Dragon Gate - Ryo Saito
    PWG - Davey Richards
    1PW -
    CZW - Chris Hero
    IWA–MS - Matt Sydal
    FIP - Roderick Strong
    PWU - Trent Acid
    IWS (Canada) - El Generico
    IPW:UK - Pac
    CHIKARA -
    wXw (Germany) -
    RQW - Martin Stone
    Premier Promotions - Doug Williams

Some matches there I'd love to see, in particular Rhyno vs just about anyone there, mainly Nigel, Strong or Doug. Looking forward to seeing who represents NOAH, could be Go Shiozaki who was in Liverpool last year for the ROH shows.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Absolutely, some great wrestlers announced. My exams will start that week though, so going is probably not the best idea for myself. Is it going to be released on dvd do you know? I'd assume so, they'd make a good bit of money from it

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Rhino will be a great addition to the show bad timing for me sadly would have loved to go will get the shows on DVD though should be great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Yeah it should be out on DVD eventually. I've been looking out for a decent tourney since I saw the Ted Petty Invitational in 2004. Awesome tournament won by AJ Styles. I think Roddy Strong won it in 2005 but I dont think it happened last year, if it did, it must not have been too good cos I heard nothing about it.

I heard the 2006 TPI was good. Mike Quackenbush and Claudio Castagnoli had a match that was meant to be well worth watching, haven't seen it myself yet. I think it was Matt Sydal who won it in 2005

Just an update here, for some reason I cant edit my original post, but anyways, Go Shiosaki has been announced as NOAHs representative, Claudio Castagnoli will represent Chikara and strangest of all, Roderick Strong has pulled out due to "family commitments". He must consider ROH family cos he's booked for thier double shot that weekend. FIP's place in the tournament is going to be taken by WAW, represented by Zebra Kid.
    They have annunced Rhyno vs McGuinness - fair play to them, Hero vs Castagnoli - once again, fair play!, Matt Sydal vs El Generico and Davey Richards vs Zebra Kid.
    Tow real standout matches in the first round, this is shaping up to be great so far!

• Advertisement

Haha, Davey Richards would want to watch himself, Zebra Kid will be on weekend release from prison for the tournament!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 harry_smith

does anyone know what is going on in the wxw 16 carat tournament 2 find there representative?

ive tried finding out but its all in german.

mcguiness is guna nail rhyno with the rebound lariat, then rhyno is going to nail him with the gore, shame its not a street fight or something like that, after seeing nigel vs rave, and all the mad hardcore stuff rhyno has done throughout his career that could have been mad

Fozzy wrote:
    I heard the 2006 TPI was good. Mike Quackenbush and Claudio Castagnoli had a match that was meant to be well worth watching, haven't seen it myself yet. I think it was Matt Sydal who won it in 2005
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TF2RB52G
    This is the Quack Claudio match, I saw it and had to share it, its incredible. And its a chance to bring Castagnoli to everyone's attention, as I am named after the fella!
    The file is 170mb, fairly huge for 15 minutes, but its worth it. Use Once And Destroy!

That was a deadly match. It'll be nice to see Quackenbush in ROH soon, I'd imagine he'll be ridicuolously over

The chorus of quacks should be pretty funny! Hopefully he will be in for more than jut the two shows, I cant see him becoming a regular or anything but I can see him having a decent run of matches against the likes of Sydal and that. Claudio too of course!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

that is an awesome idea.....
    Some big names on the list ...hopefully we will some dream matches....

There's an interesting idea they've got for the tournament too. After each night, they're polling the fans to find out their match of the night, as well as taking donations. They're adding the donations to a prize fund and then giving the guys in the match of the night the prize money

It's a bit of extra incentive for all the guys to do their best, especially the guys who know they're not going to win the whole thing

Fozzy wrote:
    There's an interesting idea they've got for the tournament too. After each night, they're polling the fans to find out their match of the night, as well as taking donations. They're adding the donations to a prize fund and then giving the guys in the match of the night the prize money

It's a bit of extra incentive for all the guys to do their best, especially the guys who know they're not going to win the whole thing

thats certainly a good idea and a way to get every wrestlers A game every night

brackets.jpg
    Interesting brackets. Assuming Pac beats Trent Acid, him against either Rhyno or Nigel is going to steal the show. Go Shoisaki and Davey Richards in Round 2 should be special too. Williams and Hero/Castagnoli will also rule.
    I'd be surprised if it wasn't Rhyno vs Richards in in one semi and Sydal vs Williams in the other. Should have a few crackers anyway!

There's interesting possibilities alright. Although your picks make sense there, I can see them throwing up some surprises, maybe Williams or Shiozaki losing. I'd love to be going to this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Hero Vs CC to steal the opening round. CC has always impressed me. Generico Vs Sydal should be insane also, and one we will see in ROH for quite a while coming up. I just hope Saito goes over Fleisch, but I have my doubts. The latter is one of the most over rated wrestlers I have ever seen. Nigel Vs Rhino will be interesting, and Nigel had better go over.

The IPW:UK pre show looks great also, with the obvious stand out of PAC Vs Generico in a 2/3 falls bout. Wish i could go. Ah well.

Gimmick, save your money for ROH in October instead ;)
    I agree completely on Fleisch. I used to enjoy the odd match of his back in 2003-4, but then Jack Evans came along...
    I'd prefer to see Nigel go over too but I doubt they would bring over a big name like Rhyno and not have him win his first round match.
    Are Generico and Steen fulltimers in ROH now? I like to watch all the shows spoiler free and I'm only at the beginning of the 5th Year Anniversary. Generico and just about anybody is always gonna be good. /3 falls with PAC should be awesome!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Double C wrote:
    ROH in October instead
    Where are RoH coming to in Oct?

ROH in the UK in October, not many details out yet though

El Generico and Steen certainly seem to be fulltimers now. The crowds love them from what I've seen. I've been tryin to go spoiler free myself, when I get some money in the summer I'll be buyin all the dvd's from this year! They sound like great shows so far

20th & 21st of October, looking like Bethnall Green and Liverpool, which is a pity, as both shows again in Liverpool would be the job. Ill most certainly be going to both, regardless. Hopefully to see Nigel win the ROH title.

Yes, Steen and Generico are tagging fulltime in ROH at the moment. Wont bother saying anything else.

• Advertisement

Oh, I didn't know anything had been confirmed. That's deadly, nothing's stoppin me from gettin to those shows!

Its not confirmed, but thats the strong word. Were you in Liverpool a few weeks ago Fozzy?

I wasn't, the combination of no money and a lot of college work wouldn't allow it. A couple of my mates went to the first night, they had a great time

From last night:
    Chris Hero beat Claudio Castagnoli
    Go Shiosaki beat Martin Stone
    Pac beat Trent Acid
    Matt Sydal beat El Generico
    Doug Williams beat Ares
    Davey Richards beat Zebra Kid
    Ryo Saito beat Jody Fleisch
    Nigel McGuinness beat Rhino

Sounds like a good show, but apparently Fleisch f*cked up a good bit, the crowd were meant to have been all over him.
    Good to see Nigel beat Rhino. Rhino was thrown offthe balcony through a table. It's looking like Nigel will be King, probably beating Williams in the final.

That's cool. Nigel winning would be nice to see. Saito vs McGuinness I'd like to see happen tonight

EDIT: Ah, just saw with those brackets that Nigel and Saito could only meet in the final. In that case, Nigel vs Sydal looks a bit more likely I think

Well, as expected, Nigel is the King of Europe! All hail!!

Williams beat Hero
    McGuinness beat Pac
    Richards beat Shiosaki
    Sydal beat Saito

McGuinness beat Richards
    Williams beat Sydal

In the final, Williams was working as a heel just for extra crowd heat for Nigel leading to an explosion when McGuinness won.

I hope this is released on DVD, as by all accounts, there were some cracking matches had over the weekend. Well, apart from the Jody Fleisch one which was, predictably, a botchfest. How this man ever got any rave reviews Ill never now.

How long before Nigel is ROH champ, and/or snatched up by WWE. The guy is simply awesome, and gets better almost by the match.

gimmick wrote:
    How long before Nigel is ROH champ

I'd give it 6 months. I can see Danielson coming back and beating Morishima then Nigel taking it off him soon after. I don't think there is anyone else in the roster that would make a more credible champ than Nigel at the moment, or that I'd rather see as champ for that matter.

Ah deadly, I hope to see this event on dvd sometime. Sounds brilliant from the reviews I've read. Haha, just lookin at the ROH forums, one guy tried to get Hero to sign the back of his Unified dvd. Hero scribbled out ROH on the front and signed the front too. Nice guy!

I think Nigel will be the one to beat Morishima, towards the end of the year

• Advertisement

^ Agreed, I think Nigel will take the belt from Morishima after the NOAH Vs ROH fued is done with. Then possibly leading to another Nigel/Dragon fued, which Im sure no one would object to!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

I think maybe Morishima will drop the belt at the NOAH/ROH japan show thats my guess but they are definitley building up for Nigel to be the next ROH champ which aint a bad thing!

Just making my way through the DVD of this now, after finally recieving it 3 months late with no explanation. So far so good.

All I know who is in the final, and I didnt read the results above, so please spoiler any results posted below. I am currently into night 2.

Best match of night one was Stone Vs Shiosaki. Rhino Vs McGuinness wasnt too bad either. Flesih Vs Saito was awful - one of the worst matches I have seen all year. PAC Vs Trent Acid was terrible as well. Apart from that, so far so good. I am 3 matches into nigth 2, and the is a MOTYC in there.

My advice - pick up this DVD. Its excellent. Even the botched matches are worth seeing for the incredible level of botchery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

gimmick wrote:
    . How this man ever got any rave reviews Ill never now.

you mosnt have seen his matches 3-7 years ago he was trualy phonomal agenst jonny storm(find theyer czw match), the falling angel, dug williams, he had the best match at the iww supershow (bar aj vs danials) that was his comeback show but he should have stayed retired and hed still have been remembered as britians finest

gimmick wrote:
    Just making my way through the DVD of this now, after finally recieving it 3 months late with no explanation. So far so good.

All I know who is in the final, and I didnt read the results above, so please spoiler any results posted below. I am currently into night 2.

Best match of night one was Stone Vs Shiosaki. Rhino Vs McGuinness wasnt too bad either. Flesih Vs Saito was awful - one of the worst matches I have seen all year. PAC Vs Trent Acid was terrible as well. Apart from that, so far so good. I am 3 matches into nigth 2, and the is a MOTYC in there.

My advice - pick up this DVD. Its excellent. Even the botched matches are worth seeing for the incredible level of botchery.

Jody fleisch hasnt been know to **** up and have awful matches.Maybe the overall prize got to him lol.
    Im not surprised that Trent Acid and PAC had a crap match.Acid is a bit of a goon.

Advertisement