Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chelsea at the lane

Options
  • 19-03-2007 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Are we on TV tonight? Sky Sports are showing the Boro Utd game, BBC just says MOTD Live, anyone confirm that it's us?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

its on bbc1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

I've to be at work in Ennis at 9......anyone know of a pub in Ennis that would be showing it, so that I can go up there earlier and manage to catch the first half ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Wer all very quiet on last nights activities !!

Certainly didnt play as well as we have over the last 2/3 weeks. I thought
    our better players were very quiet, ie Berbs and Lennon !!
    The goal from Shevchenko was different gravy in fairness.
    How Carvallho was'nt sent off bemuses me.

Very dissapointing to see what happened after the whistle, although Lampard and Cole didnt really help matters did they ?

Any reports of trouble before or after ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭twilight_singer

I reckon tiredness was definately a factor in the performance 4 games in 8 days takes its toll

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Haven't commented cos I only say 20 minutes of the first half!

From what I saw, Chelsea had Lennon (who caused so much trouble) sewn up from early on. Think we looked shapeless with him playing behind the two forwards, and never felt we'd create enough with that tactical set up to trouble them sufficiently.

I'm told both their goals were well taken, I'll have to trust in those reports.

No excuses for the behaviour of the idiot who attacked Lumpard, I'm no fan of Fat Frank but that sort of thing only brings trouble to the club. He's got a life ban, and hopefully a criminal record. Wonder does he think it was worth it?

p.s. he punches like a girl...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

From what I saw, Chelsea had Lennon (who caused so much trouble) sewn up from early on. Think we looked shapeless with him playing behind the two forwards, and never felt we'd create enough with that tactical set up to trouble them sufficiently. :D
    They had their homework done yet we persisted on not playing Lennon the right.
    All over the field we were below par and paid the price.
    I'm told both their goals were well taken, I'll have to trust in those reports.:D
    2 great goals without a doubt. Though the 2nd one was a bit of a sucker punch in that Daws got drawn into making a tackle in midfield and was then caught out of position.
    No excuses for the behaviour of the idiot who attacked Lumpard, I'm no fan of Fat Frank but that sort of thing only brings trouble to the club. He's got a life ban, and hopefully a criminal record. Wonder does he think it was worth it? p.s. he punches like a girl...:D

An idiot of the highest order. Well deserved ban. And as for his punching ability :D

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Went to watch game in the so called Spurs pub in Cork. All bar one screen was showing Utd. There was no commentary on Spurs game. Are the Cork Supporters club holding meetings in a telephone box or what??
    Never again - i was the only one whinging about it as well.
    Has the venue changed - if not you should NOW.:mad:

Match wise 2 great goals - Dawson lost on return ball. Pity we were at our best just when they scored.
    I hopeful though - with all the money they have spent there is not much in terms of talent difference between us. Now that the mobster dropped a Billion on the moll maybe he will take his ball away or maybe the actress might prefer ice hockey!!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

very disappointing performance. Keane, Berby and Lennon didn't show up.

I just hope we can get past Sevilla in the Uefa Cup and keep up our good league form...:cool:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

galinka wrote:
    Went to watch game in the so called Spurs pub in Cork. All bar one screen was showing Utd. There was no commentary on Spurs game. Are the Cork Supporters club holding meetings in a telephone box or what??
    Never again - i was the only one whinging about it as well.
    Has the venue changed - if not you should NOW.:mad:

Match wise 2 great goals - Dawson lost on return ball. Pity we were at our best just when they scored.
    I hopeful though - with all the money they have spent there is not much in terms of talent difference between us. Now that the mobster dropped a Billion on the moll maybe he will take his ball away or maybe the actress might prefer ice hockey!!:cool:
    What bar is that? I was working late in college so I went to the first bar I found showing it, Courthouse Tavern.

Advertisement