Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

van conversion

Options
  • 19-03-2007 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi I have already posted this thread on the modified cars tag but this may be a better place,I am trying to convert a peugeot expert (07 Model)into a crew cab (second row of seats two windows)costs 10`000 extra from peugeot! It must be a lot cheaper to do it yourself.can anyone advise me on either who can do it or where can I get the parts myself,and would it be legal!! many thanks John...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Not really a campervan issue ...but anyway ...

AFAIK the regulations for crewcabs were changed in 04/05 and they now have to pay VRT at the car rate as well. By modifying your commercial Expert to a crewcab you'd basically be cheating on the VRT.

Run your idea past your local Vehicle Registration Office first, and see what they come back with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 john64x

Thanks for the reply peasant,I have been in touch and am awaiting a reply ,it seems to be a very grey area,I dont mind the vrt charge. the main reason I am doing this is a crew cab van would suit me ,much better than a big gas guzzling 4x4

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Well ..if I was you, I wouldn't bother with a conversion.

Peugeot.co.uk do a window van on the Expert.

Go up north order one there and bring one in ...or convince your friendly Peugeot dealer here to get one for you.

The price difference between normal van and window van in the UK is marginal ...down here it depends on VRT.
    But at least it would be a proper factory conversion.

EDIT:
    I've moved this thread, as the good folks of the motors forum might have some more hints for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

KVC will do a crewcab conversion. but you're liable for VRT also, so you won't save anything.

Advertisement