Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Candy

• 19-03-2007 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭

My boyfriend just came back from the US with tons of sweets for me. Skittle that are super sour, wild berry and tropical flavour. Jelly Belly jelly beans, Nerds, peanut butter m&ms (oh my god!), giant m&ms, (no almond m&ms though :( ), Goobers and loads more stuff. Diabetes here i come :D

Any one got any favourite US treats that are unavailable here??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Alot of US sweets are just named differently. I can't think of any too many apart from some of the Reeses variety of sweets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Jolly Ranchers ! , Reeses Nuggets, Almond snickers, almond M&M's, Milk dud's...to name but a few :)

CC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭bringitdown

Dairy Crunch, Skippy Super Chunky Peanut Butter, proper Brownies, Reeses, Trail Mix, Krispy Kreme ... god I can never go back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭p-nut

this makes me wanna go back to ny again for the third year running!!! nothin beats the fresh cakes and brownies out of the little bakeries or tasty delite ice cream.....mmmmm, i could stand there all day taking the free tasters

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Mountain Dew

*drools*

• Advertisement

Oh Take 5 and 100 Grand are quite tasty (yes I've been shopping.) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

Oreo Ice cream sandwich....nomb. Proper NYC Pizza.

Proper NYC Pizza.
    somehow i dont think thats candy:D .....but ye i agree wholeheartedly. Its no wonder there are a large number of overweight/obese people in the states, their food is just soooooooo good:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Lil Kitten wrote:
    My boyfriend just came back from the US with tons of sweets for me. Skittle that are super sour, wild berry and tropical flavour. Jelly Belly jelly beans, Nerds, peanut butter m&ms (oh my god!), giant m&ms, (no almond m&ms though :( ), Goobers and.....

What are Goobers?

Reeses stuff can actually be gotten here, pretty hard to find though.

I have a ridiculously sweet tooth, this thread makes me want to visit America :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

abelard wrote:
    What are Goobers?

Reeses stuff can actually be gotten here, pretty hard to find though.

I have a ridiculously sweet tooth, this thread makes me want to visit America :o
    i know!! Roll on June :D

Aldi have had Reese's stuff in the past...peanut butter cups.....*drool*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I find Reese's sickeningly sweet. I ate five tiny peanut butter kisses or something, and I couldn't get to sleep that night because I felt so nauseous.

Peanut butter M&Ms though are amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

Actually, now that I think of it, did anyone ever taste 'mike & ikes'? They are frikkin gorgeous, could eat a bucket of them and I still wouldn't be sick of them.

mikeandike_5boxes.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Ah yeah there pretty good, you can get them in a spar on the corner of talbot st and marlborough st in dublin :)

CC

A nice snack that comes around once a year, Girl Scout cookies. It is so easy to go through a pack. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

Jolly Ranchers were available here years ago, then they just vanished. I used to like them; strong fruity flavours, smooth and long-lasting, in a handy pocket sized pack. Very different, very nice, reasonable price too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Actually, now that I think of it, did anyone ever taste 'mike & ikes'? They are frikkin gorgeous, could eat a bucket of them and I still wouldn't be sick of them.

mikeandike_5boxes.jpg

Mike and Ike are deadly! The cherry ones. I also devoured a massive bag of Starburst jelly beans.

Goobers are chocolate covered peanuts.

And no one can make waffles like the Americans. The size of the plate, fluffy and crisp with a ton of butter and maple syrup. *Ow my heart hurts*:D :D

CombatCow wrote:
    Ah yeah there pretty good, you can get them in a spar on the corner of talbot st and marlborough st in dublin :)

CC

OMG! I work right by that Spar! Thank you! I am in your debt good sir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

100 Grand Bars...........
    100grand_d.jpg
    also excellent in their super size form...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Can't believe nobody has mentioned these yet.
    They're just like After Eights! Beautiful!

jrMints.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

defintiely not hersheys anyway, puke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭caffrey

junior mints are great. in general their sweets arent as good but you can get some small regional companies that do really good stuff.

Gatorade is my favourite drink for sunny days/excersise, its only coming in here now and it costs 1.99:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

I like butterfingers

And having lived in America, astonished that no ones mentioned the entenmann's baked goods, o my god its awesome. And the chips are pretty good, what are they again, fritos? Yea theyre pretty good but get bad if you eat too much of them.

Also love Cinabuns (cinnamon buns) dont know if you can get them here but mmmmmmmmmmmm delish. And of course the chocolate chip cookies. And ice tea, dont like the nestea here since they introduced the "new taste".

Also I love ice cream cakes, can you get them in Ireland? Theyre so great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

TWIZZLERS TWIZZLERS TWIZZLERS YAY!

Oh and jolly ranchers .

Lovely.

By the way i know there is an Australian shop in Dublin somewhere that sells Aussie sweets (dont ask me where though) is there somewhere you can get American candy here?

I suppose you could get it on the net.

But that takes ages.

Anywhere here?

You can get Entenmann cakes in most supermarkets here. The chocolate ones and they have gorgeous carrot cake too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Yeah we had Jolly Ranchers here too a while ago (Smithers fave;) )
    I love 'Merican sweeties coz they have loads of cherry flavoured things too. I love synthetic cherry flavour. mmMmm. And Baby Ruth bars are nice too.

Winner
    hersheycaramelkissesbig.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I hate Hershey's chocolate. It's like eating dirt!

Faith wrote:
    I hate Hershey's chocolate. It's like eating dirt!
    Ill second that. Ya cant baate a good auld dairy milk:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

Lou.m wrote:
    By the way i know there is an Australian shop in Dublin somewhere that sells Aussie sweets (dont ask me where though) is there somewhere you can get American candy here?

There is?! Where?! Does anyone know?! I'll give you a peanut butter cup if you know where!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

What Aussie sweets are nice? All I can think of are Cherry Ripe bars.

Advertisement